Hallucinogens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallucinogens

Anyone tried them? Anyone have any suggestions or cautionary tales?

My friend and I are considering dabbling in them this summer, just to see what the whole "mind expansion" scene is about.

Right now the plan is looking like salvia and if that goes well shrooms. If possible, LSD is always an option, but it isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to obtain.

Those only cover psychedelics though. Anyone know a nice safe dissociative? Right now I'm considering dextromethorphan, but I've heard mixed reviews.

Also, does anyone know of any deleriants that aren't terrible? As of right now, I'm thinking that is an entire class of hallucinogen that I would be wise to avoid...
    Click it now.

Salvia? Gimme a break.

Big surprise, huh? ChubbyT has something to say about illegal hallucinogens.

First of all, apoth, your 'mind expanding adventure' begins and ends with mushrooms. Shrooms are, without a doubt, the most 'user friendly' of all the hallucinogens, and the one most easily acquired.

LSD is for people in 1967 and/or those who are "in" with chemists who have access to multi-million dollar labs. Or me 10 years ago when I was 17. For some reason we had a lot of LSD and ecstacy in Colorado back in the late '90s.

Mushrooms, however, are both a poor and rich man's 'drug'.

1. Stake out a spot. And as always, safety first

Shrooms should be taken in nature, with one or two close friends. Keep the friends close, but be prepared to strike out on your own.

2. Bring stimuli

Nature is it's own amazing thing. But bring candy and junk food and water and juice and soda and ANYTHING, really. Don't litter, though.

3. Keep an open mind

Hallucinogens are intense and really AREN'T for most people. If you have ANY demons in your closet or ANY deep rooted issues - be ready to face them head on. And I mean anything.

I'm sure there's more. Just remember, playing with hallucinogens is like playing with fire. And some doors opened can never be shut.

I would say most general citizens are far too weak and stupid for them. But then again, you aren't a general citizen, are you?

I doubt you have a decent shroom hook, though. Too bad. I think you'd enjoy it, apoth. Look up cultivation. Spores are legal. Loopholes abound. Growing shrooms is entirely possible and FUN! Contamination is a mycologist's biggest enemy, but that's IT!

Not only that, I think you'd THRIVE on a good trip or two.

You big silly goose! Safe dissociative? No such thing, dumbass! Are you that fucking stupid?

"Also, does anyone know of any deleriants that aren't terrible? As of right now, I'm thinking that is an entire class of hallucinogen that I would be wise to avoid..."

Sounds like you're too much of a dork, anyway. But ya. Those are bad. Try hitting a joint first,

Let's go from there. NOBODY does "deleriants". Why? Because they suck and they hurt and they cause dying.
    Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 05-16-2009, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Thank you for imparting your wisdom Chubby.
      Click it now.

Comment

Yea shrooms are the best way to go best thing to do is to do it with girls cause once thier fucked up lets just say it goes from there, I've had a couple bad trips on shrooms you can say they took me for a ride ended up almost choking out one of my friends cause i thought that he was trying to hurt one of the girls that we were with, but still I've had a lot of good trips with them and I have to say its very worth it.
        “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

I was talking with someone today about salvia and they gave it rave reviews. Also, it's still legal in most states. They insisted it was safe. I haven't done any research on it.

Still - I've always had a bad feeling about it (although I've never tried it). I know it's a short lived buzz, while mushrooms last for about 6-12 hours. The peak being about one hour to three hours in. Mushrooms are also completely safe, as long as they're the right variety (you can't OD on them). No brain damage. No negative physical consequences. They don't taste all that great and often times you will end up vomiting (though if you can resist your trip will be way more intense).

Do what you want. I'd still insist on find and/or growing mushrooms. Don't pick them in the wild that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too dangerous.

If you're ever in Colorado Springs hit me up and we'll do some shrooms in north cheyenne canyon. You'll have a blast.
          Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 05-17-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Vomit? That doesn't sound terribly pleasant. Are there any ways to try and prevent that? Maybe taking ginger or something before hand to settle the stomach?
            Click it now.

Comment

The most intense experience of my life occurred while I was in the middle of yacking up some shrooms. And it was actually pretty cool, and something I will always take with me.

It literally felt like I was taking a rocket ship ride to the center of the universe. I lost all sense of ego, and suddenly everything just WAS. It was all the same, everything seemed to come together in this one brilliant point of light.

Hard to explain. But it was real, and for an instant I really did reach that Zen mindset and it was as wonderful as it was strange - and somehow familiar.

Avoiding stomach problems is complicated, I've never really looked into it. Eating a SMALL meal before helps. Something that ISN'T greasy. A turky sandwich (or maybe ginger) or something. It will help. Drink something with vitamin C, this seems to make the trip more intense and is common wisdom among shroomers.

Sometimes the naseau hits, other times it doesn't. It's not as bad being wasted on alcohol. You feel a little queasy, you yack, you feel better.

End of story.

Mushrooms are still the safest and 'friendliest' of the available hallucinogens. I've heard mescallin is better (which is derived from san pedro cactus)

But that is IMPOSSIBLE to find. So is peyote.

EDIT: Also, the loner you chew the mushrooms, the better. Your saliva does a better job of getting the chemicals to your brain than does your stomach.
              Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 05-17-2009, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Finally got around to trying some mushrooms. Boy were you right Chubby. Words can't even begin to describe the experience, so I won't bother even attempting. That being said, awesome stuff. I definitely recommend it.
                Click it now.

Comment

COOL!!!

Welcome to the club, dude.

It's great, aint it? Fucking great.

I'm happy for you, man. Welcome to the 'we do cool drugs' club.

Comment

I think the best part is it has a lingering effect beyond the actual trip. I've really and truly felt much more mindful and easy going since the experience. Better than any pharmaceutical you can be prescribed.
                    Click it now.

Comment

The lingering effect is the whole point, indeed.

It's a spiritual experience. For those who have the soul of a ponderer and a thinker a mushroom experience is an affirmation.

An affirmation of what? Who knows. Just an affirmation that there is indeed something amazing at the end of this road we call life.

This savage hell we call life.

This amazing journey we call life.

Cheers, apoth.

Cheers.

EDIT: I'm curious, though. Where did you eat them? How many did you eat? Were you alone or with friends? Did you hit a 'dark point'? All of my trips (all 30 of them) hit this amazingly evil low. Evil is the only word to describe it. I am totally anti-religion and pro-rational objectivity.... but there is good and evil. There is. Something went wrong in the dark of time and we are paying the price for it. You just have to tough it out for a few minutes. Then all of a sudden the beauty of the universe hits you and its like you are sharing a beer with God in a pub in the center of the universe. You meet both God and Satan. And both meetings are equally intense.

Details.

Details. I know it's hard to put into words. Trust me. It transcends words, I know. But try.
                      Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 08-24-2010, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I ate them in this place called the warming hut in a state park. Its a large hut with a fire pit in the middle. It was raining on and off, at times the rain was light and others it was heavy so we sort of drifted outside and back in a few times. I was with two other friends and we each ate about 2.5 grams.

At the peak of the trip I was just lying on a picnic table in the hut with my eyes closed, letting my imagination run wild. The way I would describe it is that it added an extra dimension to everything. It was like I'd been living in a 2D world and went on a temporary trip to a 3D world. The way my dealer described it, it turns everything into a drug. Everything becomes wonderful and endlessly interesting. It really helped me recognize a lot of the beauty and awe in my everyday surroundings that I have taken for granted.

I disagree with your good/evil comment, and I didn't get that at all. Instead, I found myself wanting to unite everything, and drawing connections in my mind between concepts and things I normally never would. In terms of a 'dark' point, I probably had two, but they really weren't bad. When I had my eyes closed, I was seeing infinite layers of reality and peeling them away like an onion, except they were more dissolving than being peeled. My friends brother had very recently killed himself (we actually had held a memorial service earlier in the day for people who couldn't make it out to the funeral) and one of the layers I peeled to was him in a coffin. But I didn't feel repulsed, it was weird, I felt this sense of peace with it. I saw a couple of random horrible images as well, but they didn't bother me, my inclination was to move towards them and not away. It was like fear was no longer in my emotional palette. Anyway, later, when I was more verbal with my friends, I found I was trying to express what I was thinking and failing miserably. My thoughts were a bit jumbled, and I realized that I was trying to express things I couldn't. I hit slight moment of panic, wondering if I was going crazy, but then, very quickly, that warm feeling on acceptance and peace came in and everything was okay.

Overall, it was an amazing experience, and I have trouble imagining how you could have a bad trip so long as you are in a good environment with people you know. (i could see it being really bad in a crowded area)

I did get brief periods where my limbs felt like different entities and with my eyes closed, I felt a different size, like I was gigantic, the size of mountains. The next time I take them I'd like a larger dose so I get temporal distortions, possibly feelings of timelessness, and maybe, if possible, temporary ego death.
                        Click it now.

Comment

If I were to do drugs, these are certainly the ones I would try. Well, these or other hallucinogens. Maybe DMT. But then there's the decision not to, which I find to be on wholly privileged ground - in the act (or perhaps refrain of action) there's meaning that gets generated, preserved and communicated that I would like to, and in fact feel ought to be, generated, preserved and communicated.

Having actually seen Nick's body in a coffin, I can confirm the sense of peace and lack of repulsion. In fact, it was one of the most beautiful things I've seen. I would have waited sixty or more years to see it, but it was beautiful.
                          http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

A second amazing experience, though this one not without its scary parts. If you take a walk in a relatively crowded area alone after consuming an eighth, expect people to morph around you... and the old lady walking by could very well turn into a clown (and not the good kind). Also, Aqua Teen Hunger Force finally makes sense.
                            Click it now.

Comment

Labyrinth.

One to watch on shrooms.

Trust me. Eat them. Wait five minutes. Press play.

Enjoy the ride.

And yes : Aqua Teens does finally make sense.

Bascially anything and eveything is better on shrooms. They're non-addictive, have no negative side effects, and are totally natural.

Those are facts.

Once again, glad you discoevered them, apoth. Welcome to the club.

EDIT: New Years 2000, I took a sugar cube of acid. I wandered around this hotel. People were melting....in every direction. I was surrounded by insanity. Humanity seemed like a bunch of wild apes. I felt like an outsider amoung my own race. Acid was too intense. I was left bewildered.

'Shrooms I have found leave you with this lingering...'wisdom'? I dunno. They leave you appreciating the breeze, the laughter of friends, they bring you back to childlike wonder.

Laughter. Wonder. Appreciation of the 'mundane'.

How is that wrong? How is that illegal? How is something mankind has been been doing for millenia deemed 'immoral' by our wicked society? Maybe because a few bad apples spoil the bunch...

I haven't done mushrooms in over a year and I'm fine with it. I see people dying of tobacco in the millions, costing the country billions, and yet THAT'S legal. Alcohol related deaths abound. Marijuana and shrooms are still demonized.

I dunno.
                              Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 10-19-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information