FSC2 - Robots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSC2 - Robots

The theme for the second Forum Story Challenge will be "Robots".

We will have about a month for this one, so that it does not interfere with the Infinite Writing Tournament. Stories will be due 11/10/2007 by 11:59pm (EST), after this there will be a poll open for voting for one week. Comments are of course welcome.

There will be a 1000 word limit strictly enforced by system constraints.

Write a short story (or fragment of a story) that involves robots. It can be one robot or a thousand robots. They sub-serviant robots, intelligent robots, or child-sex robots. Whatever you are into, use the robot(s) in any way you like, so long as the robot(s) play a major role in the story. Shit, if you write it right, you might not even have to include the presence of the robot.

Good luck to you. Post stories, questions, and/or comments here.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

You might as well have just named this the PLEASE COME BACK, DRUMS thread. Seriously, guys, what the fuck were you thinking?
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Hey don’t blame me, I voted for romance.
      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

You just know there's going to be a child sex robot somewhere in one of these entries.
        Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Drums doesn't have a monopoly over the entire robot genre. We are taking it back and giving it a good name.

Drums should go meet up with the creepy old man from family guy....
          Click it now.

Comment

Drums does have the genre covered for child-sex robots, though.

Comment

Y’know, all this talk about child sex robots reminds me of that really bad 80s sitcom, “Small Wonder” Dunno what they were thinking with that one. I mean, a human like girl robot stored in the closet of a boy approaching puberty?

Somehow the whole damn show managed to creep around THAT particular “Very Special Episode.”
              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
                You might as well have just named this the PLEASE COME BACK, DRUMS thread. Seriously, guys, what the fuck were you thinking?
                Well, your cursing is certainly doing a fine job at countering our plea for his return. You know how much child molestors hate swear-words.

Comment

I take it by 11/10/2007 you mean the 10th of November and not the 11th of October.

Comment

I take it by your comment that you are some sort of European citizen, because you're using the foreign interpretation of the American dating shorthand system.
                    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                      I take it by your comment that you are some sort of European citizen, because you're using the foreign interpretation of the American dating shorthand system.
                      Indeed I am using a logical way of stating the date using a consistent convention of smallest to biggest (day/month/year). Yes I am a European but it isn't a regional thing, one is retarded the other is logical.

However there is an extent to which perhaps you should draw the line. We drive on the wrong side of the road in England but I suppose I can't drive on the right side regardless shouting at the incoming traffic "YOUR BLOODY WRONG! YOU SHOULD BE DRIVING ON THE RIGHT YOU BASTARDS!"

Comment

Whether you agree or disagree is entirely irrelevant. I was merely pointing out that most of the users on this site are American. And, as such, you should expect to see American conventions. There will be none of that silly worthless 'u' vowel, (habour, colour, valour), nor will there be a cool-looking transposition of the "er" syllable. (Theatre, centre, umm....yeah, I can't think of a third off the top of my head)
                        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Living in a globalised (or is that globalized) world to be honest I use both at different times.

I've never even noticed that it is both Theatre and Theater, both centre and center. I generally use the Americanisms with these because they are more phonetic but I refuse to drop the "u"s because otherwise color looks more like collar (from a phonetical point of view again).

Comment

I spell grey with an "e" while the rest of my country uses an "a". I'm such a fucking rebel it's rediculous.

Comment

BUMP

Just a reminder; time is of the essence. 6 days left, you have until 11:59:59 EST on Nov 10th. Voting starts Nov 11th.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information