Votes by Midnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Votes by Midnight

I need everyone's votes by midnight. I'll try to have all the stats and everything done by Sunday night.

I suppose I'll do statistics, and then just a list of comments about each story? I'm not sure exactly how to integrate the comments. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

It's not to late to vote if you haven't though, more data would really be helpful to make the victory actually semi-meaningful!
    Click it now.

I would say to post the statistics on the forums and just PM all the comments to each individual person. There's really no reason why those should be public.
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

I think the comments should be public; at least the good ones. In the first tourney, the comments were posted like the little review quotes you see on the inside cover of most novels. "A stunning novel" "Beautifully written" "Youll be on the edge of your seat" and things like that. Maybe keep the negative ones for a message, but the good ones should be posted at least (in my opinion)

Thanks for tallying everything up, Apoth.
      The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Sure, that sounds like a good idea.

As long as the author's get the fuller versions of the comments PMed to them...

Comment

No problemo with the tallying. As for the comments, I'm not sure exactly how to pick and choose. I'd rather do all or nothing. What do you guys think? All public or none?

Of course they will still be anonymous, but with how few voters there are it really wouldn't be that hard to figure it out.

Alternatively I could do it on a story by story basis.
          Click it now.

Comment

Story by story, all displayed - that's my opinion, though it really ought to be up to those who entered the contest (actually, next time perhaps it should be made clear at the beginning).
            Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

I don't care, post whatever shit I wrote down, I didn't write that much for comments to begin with.
              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

If you can't bear to pick and choose, then put down ALL of the comments, and group them by story. Alternate the order of people's comments as you go from story to story if you want...but I wrote comments to justify the number I rated the story, just as if it were a simple 1-10 comment appearing publicly on the site. I could care less if it's anonymous, but I do think they'd be fun to see.
                Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

And I second Locke in that I wish this had been made apparent beforehand. It's not like I wrote down highly-classified information or anything, but it was still more personal and I wasn't expecting to have my comments posted publicly. But do whatever the fuck you want. I could give two shits.

Comment

I figured Apoth would be man enough to sort out key snippets from EVERYONE's ratings, and then just post that. Details are sent to each individual person, but a general idea of everyone's thoughts is written below the vote numbers. But if he can't do that, I'd rather it be like how I wrote above, as opposed to no commentary at all.
                    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Alright alright. I will send the comments to the individual authors and I will pick out some best of's to put into the post.
                      Click it now.

Comment

Thank you, schnookums!

Comment

Shippo: I like Apoth. He is my second bestest friend.
                          OH FUDGE!

Comment

I'm sobering up now, and voting time is over (has been for an hour and forty four minutes)

Yeah. I'll start crunching numbers tomorrow (technically today).

Expect results by Monday
                            Click it now.

Comment

Ah, I just get my computer fixed- my internet up and running in time to be 2.5 hours late reporting my vote. On the upside, I don't have to pick favorites. Heh. It's good to be back.
                              ~Katie
                              ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information