From Hell Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Hell Results

First Place: Country From Hell (9.081 overall)

Second Place: Death Song (8.53 overall)

Third Place: Odalisque Paradise (8.1 overall)

Fourth Place: Youngstown Demon (7.778 overall)

Fifth Place: Hellstone (7.273 overall)

Sixth Place: Infernal Gate (3.907 overall)

Most Enjoyable Story- Death Song (9.3 average enjoyment)

Most Well Written Story- Country from Hell (9.286 average writing quality)

Best Plot- Country from Hell (9.1 average plot/originality)

Most Ratings of 10- Country from Hell (11 ratings of 10)

Most Ratings of 1- Infernal Gate (6 ratings of 1)

Interesting Fact: Xnull's story which was not entered, 2023, recieved one rating. Had this rating been his overall score in the competition, he would've won by a landslide, with a 9.667 overall score. As Endmaster stated, He Could've Been a Contenda!

Much more to come after I finish my several papers and lab reports I have as well as the copious amounts of reading I must complete.
    Last edited by apotheosis; 12-02-2007, 12:30 PM.
    Click it now.

Looks around in shock and bewilderment, pointing to chest while emphatically shaking head. Gets pushed out of seat and stumbles drunkenly into the aisle. Trips up the steps to the stage. Stares dazedly into the spotlight, wiping perspiration off forehead with dainty pink handkerchief.

"Um, wow, ok, oh my god, um yeah, wow...so, um...wow...I mean, ok, here I go. I, um, how can one possibly say anything worthy of such talented people here tonight..."

Takes in sharp, shrill breath

"I, uh, I don't have much of a speech prepared. I never thought I'd win..."

Takes out crumpled piece of notepaper from between bosoms holding up fashionable Vera Wang dress

"Oh, I found it!..."

Wipes forehead furiously, shifts balance on feet.

"Oh my god, the prompter says I've only got 20 seconds. Ok, ok! Um, I'd like to thank the Academy! I also wanna thank all my friends and mortal enemies in Iad who were the real-life inspirations for my story. I'd also like to thank the Iadian Minister of Culture for not shooting me or serving me plutonium pudding. Uh...oh geez, my time's running out! Aah! I wanna thank mom and dad, without whose neglect I'd never have been so socially maladjusted at school, which made me unpopular, which in turn allowed me to become so academically earnest! Keep reading, kids! It is fundamental!"

Exit music begins playing

"No wait, wait! I'm not done! I also wanna thank Iad itself for..."

Volume gets cranked up a notch.

"Aaah! Please, just this one last thing! I want to thank Iad itself for being such a rich source of inspiration and pain, of hope and redemption, of..."

Gets whisked away upstage by intensely smiling host.

"Thanks, guys! I love you! Thanks! Wow! Oh my god! I love you! Kisses for everyone!..."
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

You deserved it Ves, it was an awesome story. Congrats on the win. (You know this means you get to pick the next theme, right?)
      The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Muahahahahahaha!!!

Democratically oriented I am not.

There shall be no topic vote this year.
        Last edited by Vesnic; 12-02-2007, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Wow, you even made an avatar to help you brag with every post. Nice. I'll do more statistics later. Also, I'm going to send each author their comments and their scores. They can then send me the comments back they would like to be displayed.
          Click it now.

Comment

That was fun.

... so Ves, what's next?
            ~Katie
            ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

When is the new topic usually announced? I don't remember much of late '06 or early '07, so it'll be news to me.

Comment

Well, this next contest deviates slightly from the previous ones as to its deadline; it's midnight on next Christmas or New Year's if I remember correctly. We can initiate it any time, but sometime before early next month would actually be ideal: give it a whole year, mention it occasionally, and we'll likely end up with some excellent stories of good length.

As to its theme I'd prefer something more optimistic for a change, but that is of course up to you, Ves. Congratulations, by the way!
                Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

We had an optimistic contest last year, it was the children's story one.

Next year's contest end date is supposed to take place on Christmas.

EDIT: Apoth you can just post all the comments people made on my story. I want the traitors and their heresy to be displayed for all to see.
                  Last edited by End Master; 12-03-2007, 12:01 AM.
                  Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Hahahaha don't be a sore sport, End. You still won over at CYS!

And I actually was under the impression that we were keeping the deadline on Halloween. That somehow seems more in the spirit of this bunch, but I will be democratic on THAT ASPECT ONLY.

I like power. Now what I want is a few Ethiopian slaves to fan me on my chaise while a muscular Swede works on my aching feet.

Comment

I have submitted some selected reviews to Apoth, which he will be posting here shortly.

One point of clarification on something that seemed to cause confusion for just about everyone:

Iad is spelled with an "i". It is pronounced like "yod". It rhymes with "pod" and "God".

Comment

Ethiopians would make terrible slaves now, what with the starvation and all.
                        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Yeah, I suppose it's not quite like the Aida glory days...sigh...it's just so hard to come by good healthy slaves these days, what with the increasing polarization between the rich and the abjectly impoverished. The whole AIDS monkey business doesn't help either. That's not to say that Starvin' Marvin' (he's Ethiopian! Or, really, more like "Ethanopian") wouldn't make a pretty slammin' slave. But nah, you're right. I'll fatten mine up a bit so they're more aesthetically appealing to me. But that also means they might have more strength to revolt. Hmmm...decisions, decisions...

Comment

Working...
                          Do Not Sell My Personal Information