Infinite Writing Tournament 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinite Writing Tournament 5

Here are the two main suggestions we've had for due-dates. If there's another date you'd really prefer (like New Years, for instance), just submit it here.
    Halloween, October 31, 2008
    66.67%
    Christmas, December 25, 2008
    33.33%
    Last edited by Vesnic; 10-13-2011, 05:27 PM.
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Christmas is a bad idea because then it interferes with NaNoWriMo.
    Click it now.

Comment

The NaNoWriMo is in November, so wouldn't Halloween be more of a bad idea considering you're having to rush to finish up your IS story so you can set time aside for the NaNo contest? If it's Christmas you still got a bunch of free time to finish up.

Because as we all know, nobody's actually going to work on anything until the last minute anyway, so the extra two months of slacking off makes more sense.
      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Exactly! And since I'm going to have no school thanks to winter break during that last cram-month if it's due on Christmas...I like that option better.
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Welcome to cawfey tawk! DISCUSS!!

Comment

I'm down with Halloween. NaNoWriMo has no impact because you're not supposed to start until Nov 1st, and really; if the IWT5 deadline was Christmas, that would interfere with NaNoWriMo more.
            The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

But you didn't finish it anyway!

You only got the month of November to actually work on the NaMo, so after November is over, you don't have to worry about it anymore AND you still got 25 more days at least to work on the IS story in addition to the first 10 months you had to begin with. And that's if anyone's going to work on the NaMo in the first place, because if you aren't then you basically got a year to work on the IS contest.

This year AND last year everyone was complaining that they didn't have enough time and had to scramble to shove in filler pages for the Halloween deadline, so I don't see why people don't want more time to work on it.
              Last edited by End Master; 12-03-2007, 09:55 AM.

Comment

We'd have almost a freaking year even if we make the deadline Halloween. I think that is enough time.

Also, has anyone noticed that females of dominated the past two IWT's? Kinda sad for us guys considering there are only two active females on the site.
                Click it now.

Comment

What does gender have to do with the price of potatoes in 1942?

(Besides, it takes an especially tenacious and open-minded type of female to put up with the likes of all you!)

Edit: I will be announcing the next topic before the end of this month, so yes, there should be plenty of time regardless of which date ends up getting chosen. With both options, there's this big break from school known as summer that should offer plenty of time for writing. For those of us who work for a living, I'm sure we've all learned by now how to delegate our time effectively...

Comment

I prefer Christmas. Or even New Year's, an additional six days away, though there doesn't seem to be much support for that one. So my vote goes to Christmas.
                    Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
                      With both options, there's this big break from school known as summer that should offer plenty of time for writing.
                      Yes, but we've already established that we are all procrastinators. No work will be done over the summer, because the month before the deadline does not occur during the summer. Heck, if we were to move the deadline up to the beginning of August for that very reason, I'd like that better than how it is now.
                      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Any ideas for a topic Ves?

If you are having trouble, may I suggest a fusion of Mudkip themed stories and scripts to Snuff Films?
                        Click it now.

Comment

Originally posted by apotheosis View Post
                          We'd have almost a freaking year even if we make the deadline Halloween. I think that is enough time.

Also, has anyone noticed that females of dominated the past two IWT's? Kinda sad for us guys considering there are only two active females on the site.
                          Meh, I still came in 2nd both times. I never win these things anyway, mainly because I get lazy when it comes to contests.

Christmas deadline.

Seriously, Apoth you of all people should want a Christmas deadline considering what you slapped together for this one!

Christmas deadline.

And DEP just said that he's thinking about changing his mind too, since he's pretty sure he could've won with more time to properly work on his story. So given that so many people want it, I think that means we should have a Christmas deadline.

Christmas deadline.

Comment

That's not your decision, buster! I am going to post a new poll. Will all you whiners please make up your minds good and clear this time? Thank you.
                            Last edited by Vesnic; 10-13-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                              And DEP just said that he's thinking about changing his mind too, since he's pretty sure he could've won with more time to properly work on his story. So given that so many people want it, I think that means we should have a Christmas deadline.

Wait... I said that?
                              The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information