Legend: Completed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legend: Completed!

Holy shit, that's a lot of fucking writing. I didn’t think I’d ever get that thing finished.

If I ever do get ambitious again, I might tack on a whole extra chapter for the rogue character since I arranged it in such a way so I could easily delete the ending room for the extra rogue path and make the additions.

But for now, it’s finished and I’m glad to be done with it.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Let me be the first to congratulate you...

*steps up to the podium* AHEM!

*is rushed by State Troopers and taken away*

But I didn't get to make my speach! OW!

Trooper: Quiet, you!

Comment

Congratulations, End, that is quite an accomplishment. It's a motivator to the rest of us lazy fools to finish our works as well.
      Last edited by Vesnic; 11-15-2011, 08:14 PM.
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Whoopty-frickin-doo.

Congrats.

Seriously, sarcasm-free; "whoopty-frickin-doo".
        Last edited by donteatpoop; 02-11-2008, 07:56 PM.
        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

It's nice to see the last chapter finally fleshed out; the Rogue's path particularly finally feels like a somewhat balanced ending after the lengthy Holgard chapter. The story could be so much more, of course - particularly if there are any gamers out there playing it; I can see a longer version reformatted as one of those game books - but I suppose you're more or less done. It's quite a story, anyway; it's certainly taken up a good deal of my time with each addition.
          Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

That's amazing end, nice job. It is my favorite story on the site and I think I'll give the entire thing a good read through at some point soon.
            Click it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
              It's nice to see the last chapter finally fleshed out; the Rogue's path particularly finally feels like a somewhat balanced ending after the lengthy Holgard chapter. The story could be so much more, of course - particularly if there are any gamers out there playing it; I can see a longer version reformatted as one of those game books - but I suppose you're more or less done. It's quite a story, anyway; it's certainly taken up a good deal of my time with each addition.
              I think it's probably longer than one of those old game books. Even the Fighting Fantasy series typically only had 400 references. It's maybe more like 2 or 3 of those old Lone Wolf books given how things carry over in those and had a continuing character. (FF and LW being the main inspiration for it of course)

Attempting to do the entire lifetime of an adventurer complete with stats/inventory/changing event etc was an insane task to begin with, so I'm just glad I managed to finish the beginnings of an adventurer's life instead. Even in this shortened goal there were things I had planned and ended up cutting, but overall I think it came out alright.
              Last edited by End Master; 02-12-2008, 05:15 PM.

Comment

By the way End, nice job making it "1313" rooms.
                Click it now.

Comment

Yeah that was sort of a cool side effect. I didn't even realize it until the story completely updated the room number stat.

Comment

Working...
                  Do Not Sell My Personal Information