A thank you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thank you.

I have written on this website off and on again for the better part of three years. What started as a silly present for a few friends became a healthy and addictive outlet for emotion, boredom, introspection, and of course satire, lots and lots of satire. Over the years it became something that united old friends over long distances, played host to a number of wonderful conversations, brought a small part of the familiar to a person in a foreign lonely place, and of course made me feel as if I too could publish my own story in a way so that others could read and enjoy from wherever they happened to be.
    The story I wrote was a fantasy about a number of different friends from my life, some of whom had lost contact with others. When it finally came to a close last December, we all decided it was the occasion necessary for all of us to meet back up in person in order to finish it in a room with each other. Needless to say, it was a wonderful night, something that I think was due to the type of small universe, episodic publishing that this sight really fosters. It is a wonderful tool and a great value for the price charged for it.
    The reason I decided to write this is because as life changes and time becomes short, hobbies change and life moves on. And one of those changes meant that I would be unable to continue the story.
    So now, I believe, is the time to say thanks. Thank you to Webmaster Sev, and thank you to the community that makes a place like this worthwhile so that the quieter ones, like myself, may also benefit. And I just wanted to share my story in order to let you guys know how awesome a site this really is, and to tell you all to keep it up!
    Thanks for everything,

-Steve

Hey Steve,

you seem nice... and at 3 years, you've been around longer than I have. We need more people like you. Don't you want to stick around? Or are you too civilized? Probably too civilized huh? You use words like "thank you," we don't use that kind of vocabulary 'round these parts much.

Still, it was nice of you to post.
    ~Katie
    ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Here, here!

*raises his pint of beer*

Cheers!

To good times and good friends! To the written word! To life!

Comment

You're welcome. Glad to hsve a quiet lurker type post every once in awhile.
        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Why, you're welcome, Fuzzy dude!

I'm always amazed when someone comes forward to say something good about us. You must be a right Christian soul to have so much forgiveness in your heart for a pack of sinners like us.

The Lard's blessings!
          Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 09:23 PM.
          My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

@Katie: I'll still be lurkin, and reading, and of course watching some of my other friends take a shot at writing, but thanks for the kind words. As for civilized...only cuz i tried really hard to be polite on that last one. I generally talk about boobies and things

@Chubby: Im not sure what that pint is you speak of, but I'm sure if there's cold beer in it, it must be wonderful

Comment

Fuzzy Nut, have you considered making a contribution to Hall of Infinite Doors? It is the largest, most expansive and popular story on the site and it is waiting for your contribution. Help make it even better!

www.infinite-story.com/story/2726
              Click it now.

Comment

Originally posted by apotheosis View Post
                Fuzzy Nut, have you considered making a contribution to Hall of Infinite Doors? It is the largest, most expansive and popular story on the site and it is waiting for your contribution. Help make it even better!

www.infinite-story.com/story/2726
                Quiet, you.

*belches*

Ignore Apoth. He is a genius but also completely insane.

Actually, DON'T ignore him. Or do.

What do I CARE!

It's not like you ever listen to me anyway! There's like this big disconnect between us lately and it's time to face it.

You don't love me anymore. Admit it.

Well...guess what? I don't love you anymore, either. In fact, I HATE YOU!!!!

I HATE YOU!!

Oh God I love you!

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzynutt22 View Post
                  ...generally talk about boobies and things
                  He means penises when he says things right? Because if so, we need more people talking about things around here.
                  ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

I love vaginas because they are so tender and complex and wonderful.

And I just really love them almost as much as I love my own very inadequate but exquisite member.

Vaginas are just great. But also mysterious. And um...slightly...scary.

And periods are just gross and I like to pretend they don't happen along with bowel movements when it comes to the opposite sex.

Because men are pussies and we can't handle all that blood. It scares us. I'm scared. Please, thoric, hold me.

Comment

Have you ever met a talking vagina? That's a whole new level of spooky.

Originally posted by ChubbyTeletubby View Post
                      I love vaginas because they are so tender and complex and wonderful.

And I just really love them almost as much as I love my own very inadequate but exquisite member.

Vaginas are just great. But also mysterious. And um...slightly...scary.

And periods are just gross and I like to pretend they don't happen along with bowel movements when it comes to the opposite sex.

Because men are pussies and we can't handle all that blood. It scares us. I'm scared. Please, thoric, hold me.
                      Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 09:23 PM.
                      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Fuzzynutts, you have always had my most favorite username ever.

Thank you for making me laugh like a damn idiot.

I'm also a fan of boobs; though I am more of an assman. There's just something about the gentle sway of a woman's stride and the feel of a cheek cupped in hand...
                        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Periods don't bother me that much. It just requires some laundry and a shower after sex. More of an inconvenience than anything else. And kind of icky.
                          Click it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
                            Have you ever met a talking vagina? That's a whole new level of spooky.
                            I'm pretty sure there was some sort of weird horror movie called "They Bite" which had a talking vagina. It of course went around biting of guy's dicks off as well.
                            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

LeBlanc: Hello. Good bye. Please. Thank you. I love you man. Fuzznut. Dude.

Psy: I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. I am compleatly insane!

Suki: And how!
                              OH FUDGE!

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information