No announcement yet.

Contest Story Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The question isn't so much if I'll do it. I really want to challenge myself to do this. However, the question is how I can find the inspiration to do this. I just keep drawing a blank. I have a general idea of the allegory I want to do. However, I'm not sure the best way to execute it.
    ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

This is true...allegories are hard enough, let alone CYOAing them... Though, I guess if the allegory was a quest for goodness, the character could fail... Hrmm...
      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty sure that parable is included within the definition of allegory. Just make sure that the actual events of the story aren't about the struggle between good and evil, but rather that this is what is suggested by them. It sounds like a good idea to me, Usoki.
        Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 08:48 PM.
        My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Exactly...it's sorta like Pilgrim's Progress. The main character is "Christian" He leaves behind...Hope, or Faith or something... to go into the woods, the classical puritan devil symbol? The guy could just be going to the marketplace the next town over (probably called Jerusalem) for a cup of sugar, and the thing is still an allegory because he's a good man battling evil and then getting rewarded at the end. Just by walking through the woods for some sugar.
          Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
          And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Working...
          Do Not Sell My Personal Information