Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who the funk is funky?

Yep I'm back and with itchy fingers.

I've just added a couple of new pics to The Black Citadel and I'll go into assault mode and try to 'finish' The Werewolf Chronicles over the next couple of months.

I also have a couple of old stories that have been sitting on the backburner for the past three years such as The Planet of the Apes and The Desert Tombs of the Lizard Kings which I hope to continue and possibly finish within the next decade.

So it's been a while since I've been on, could anyone tell me what some of the best reads on here are now? Any recent classics?

Well, stroking my own ego, I'd have to say Rentyre is worth a read. End has come out with some amazing stuff that you are required by law to look at- Necromancer holds a 9.9 out of 34 ratings, with nothing below a 9. 'tis phenominal. DEP, as well, has some very works under his fingers- Paco Valdez and Ducky Park coming to mind. Ves's The Country From Hell is the most recent contest winner, and Gurl PowR from her and Katie is easily the best new comedy. And for sheer length, Apoth's Hallway of Infinite Doors is the strongest collab out there. It's also 95% crap, but a few doors are pretty good.
    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Usoki is not being fair. I've instated a rating system for the Hall of Infinite Doors, doors with high quality entries receive 3 stars, moderate quality receive 2, and 1 star means that either the content has not been reviewed yet, just verified that it exists, or it has been reviewed and does not qualify for a 2 or a 3 star rating.

I suggest you check out and add to the Hall of Infinite Doors. It is the largest in terms of room count, choice count, word count, and has over 70 contributors and always has something new for you to discover.

Oh, and welcome back.
      Click it now.

Comment

If you're looking for fantasy, check Forrest Dweller It's good stuff. EndMaster did a sequel to Necromancer... If you haven'r read Necromancer go read it.

Vesnicie and Katiewroteit have put forth some solid efforts in the time you were gone, read the hell out of their stuff.

Oh, and welcome back.
        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Welcome back, funky.

*tip of the hat on the avatar*

Here, here.

Comment

Hey Funky! You're, like, famous around here. But I haven't seen you return in a few days, not since you posted this thread. Please do come back! We need as many good writers as we can get.

You know, a couple times when I got bored and discouraged by the overwhelming quantity of crap that one must wade through in order to strike gold on the main site, I sent out an SOS to the world and the message that floated back to me was from my dear friend donteatpoop. He said, "Ves, if you haven't yet, then you absolutely must check out the great Mango of Funk". He loves you, man. He might even leave his wife and children for you.
            Last edited by Vesnic; 11-15-2011, 07:57 PM.
            My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

I'm only on here occasionally to check the blogs and to do some reading. I will be getting into some more writing soon.

Comment

Working...
              Do Not Sell My Personal Information