Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWT6 Deadline

Howdy yall.

Did you guys come to a conclusion about the IWT6 deadline? I read something about a 6-month writing period a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if everyone agreed on it. I'm in a favor of a little more time myself, but having never entered (well... "finished" would be more accurate) one of these, I don't think I'm qualified to judge.

Also, who (besides Katie and myself) is planning on entering?

I'm pretty sure the six month thing will apply only after the launch of IS2, if then; the deadline this year will likely be between Halloween and the end of the year again. I'm almost certain you won't see an entry from me this time around.
    Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

I give everyone permission to beat me down if I don't have an entry for the contest.
      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I'm going to do it. I unfortunately cannot start working though until there is pressure, so I need to here about a deadline and then wait until about a month before to light a fire under my ass.
        Click it now.

Comment

I've entered all of them so far, so there's no reason to break tradition now I suppose.

As for the deadline, I'm guessing it's going to be Halloween as usual. (Subject to being pushed back depending on the sloth this year!)
          Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

If I enter, my story will be small.

This will make it possible for me to finish.
            http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

Thanks!

Almost a year sounds like just what I need.

Comment

You know as I remember Yazz, you were messing around with complex looping stories before.

You created some test rooms for a story about an island with insane people on it which had links within the story which lead to other rooms you managed to detach from the the rest of the story. You couldn't access those rooms in the traditional way only the internal links would get you there. I think you said you had plans to connect multiple stories like that as well.
                Last edited by End Master; 02-02-2009, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Ha -- you mean Sick Shores ("Where even the sick are disgusted!"). I was reading through that one the other day. Interesting concept.

But yeah.

Basically I just wanted that story to have a table of contents, with the names of like five or six main characters as links, listed next to the chapters. When you clicked on a character's name, you would enter their own little infinite-story adventure. When you finished with your chapter, the idea was that I was going to loop the reader back to the table of contents so that they could pick a new one. It wasn't real complex -- I just thought links in the text seemed more appropriate than choices.

I believe dragavan is the man who speculated on using the HTML links for combining stories and doing "super-navigation".

For the record, I doubt if I'm going to have very much fancy looping in this new story. It won't have an ending, of course, but it'll be really simple I think.
                  Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 02-02-2009, 10:39 AM.

Comment

So.

I'm still at about 20,000 words on my story and haven't worked on it since college got out for the summer. From what I know, everyone else is taking their time with their stories, too (a lot of people still probably haven't started). Also, unlike past contests, this one is going to require that you actually finish (or else it will have a dead end, and won't qualify as an infinite story). For these reasons I'd like to propose January 1st, 2010 as the deadline. That gives everyone a long time and we could, of course, shorten the deadline if all the contestants finish early.

Just throwing it out there.

Comment

I've always been a big fan of the deadline being at the end of the year. Or, at least, I am now. Ves is the one who was pushing for Halloween, I'd thought- and she's not here anymore. So, as the second place contestant, I invoke the power that I'm pretending to have to say that, yes, the end of the year sounds awesome.
                      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Yeah I'd say New Years is a good deadline. Not sure if I'll be in this one, but if it ends up looking like only Yazz and Usoki are submitting something then I'll make more of an effort to make a story so that there's at least 3 contestants.

And I'll throw in my support for Usoki being in charge of this contest now. (Whatever that's worth)

Comment

Isn't Katie still entering? Hopefully Apoth will trow something out there, too.

Comment

I know she posted some of her "Admitted" story, but I think she got bored with it.

As for me, I went and did the damn fool thing of being a "responsible adult" and took a small job promotion that pays a little more but also requires more of my time, so I'm not getting much writing done lately.

Comment

While I may not have anything on paper, I promise whatever I submit will be less retarded than Infernal Gate.
                              Click it now.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information