The Adopt a Story Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Adopt a Story Program

Plenty of long abandoned stories on the site. Not all of them crap, either.

Feel like adopting one?

There's the option of hijacking as well.

Behold, a small list of stories that are eligible (if you find one, add it to the thread please)

The Pit

Through Anothers Eyes

How the World Wronged Micheal Holt - this one could be really entertaining, lol.

+untitled+

Oh Crap, I Can't Find My Various Appendages what the fuck....

Westerngeco - Life as a Flowmonkey

Just throwing it out there.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Your MRH hyperlink goes to a story called Forces of Darkness.

I think the one about the body parts could be really fun if the right person adds on to it; the original author clearly had something.

Comment

All of those stories are pretty minimal though. If I was going to adopt a story, I'd want to pick something with a solid base and something more than 400 words and three rooms to add onto. That's just me though.
      Click it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois View Post
        Your MRH hyperlink goes to a story called Forces of Darkness.

I think the one about the body parts could be really fun if the right person adds on to it; the original author clearly had something.
        The Forces of Darkness story would be a better one to adopt anyway.

That body parts story title is great.
        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by apotheosis View Post
          All of those stories are pretty minimal though. If I was going to adopt a story, I'd want to pick something with a solid base and something more than 400 words and three rooms to add onto. That's just me though.
          Starting out with hardly anything allows you more free reign.

See the bike story that chubby and I hijacked forever ago for an example. Didn't start out with much, but that one still makes me lauhg.
          The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

I've got to disagree. Maybe it's just that I never got along with MRH and I see an opportunity to futher humiliate him with this story, but if I were to add on to one, I'd totally pick this.

Not sure if the second paragraph was sarcastic or serious... on one hand we're on Infinite-story, and on the other hand you're End Master. Either way, I say that, yes, the title is great. So is the first room and animated picture.

Unfortunately, that's all there is.

Comment

Yeah the odd title reminded me of one of Chubby's old stories. Something called "The Incredible Adventures of a Baby Smuggler". (Though he didn't write anything past the first page either and then deleted it)

Titles are usually something I have a little difficulty coming up with sometimes (As well as names) so absurd titles like that one are usually amusing to me.

Makes me want to write a story called "Hot Damn, You are a Death Camp Motivational Speaker!" just for the title alone.
              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I find that the more work I put into a piece, the more difficult the title is to create. Probably because with each hour of work I put in, my standards for a title go up.

I still don't have any idea for what I would title my 280 page novel that I never finished.... I'm using a retarded working title now "Rise to Power" essentially because it is the best three word summary of the protagonists life.

I also have a lot of trouble titling thesis papers and term papers. I turned in a ten page manifesto last year advocating transhumanism, but I couldn't come up with a catchy title. I ran out of time and ended up titling it, "Transhumanism: The Next Step" but to this day kick myself for how dumb it sounds.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, giving "Infernal Gate" a title took no effort at all and I was completely happy with it. Same with "Harry Potter's Last Stand"

Though... if something takes a lot of work, but I start out with a title in mind, then it is much easier. Sort of like HOID. But if it is a big project without an initial title in mind... ahhh... its torture.
                Click it now.

Comment

That's an awesome title, End.

I've never really had trouble with them, myself... probably because I'm not embarassed to use stupid names, heh. Right now, I've got three titled IS stories I've been farting around with.

- The Rift
                  (This one's my contest story [still at 20,000 words!]; some of you might remember my work of the same name from a long time ago. This tale is pretty much completely different.)

- War
                  (A hellish battle is taking place in a city. The reader follows a soldier as he fights to survive and kill "The Enemy". The only thing you really know about him is that he might be named "Joe".)

- The Occurance in the Forest in the Night
                  (Kind of sounds like The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, now that I think of it. This one's written in a similar style to War. Basically, you follow a man trying to escape from a beast [which may or may not be The Devil] in a dark wood [which may or may not be Hell].)

Out of just these three, I like the title War best, I think.

Comment

Working...
                  Do Not Sell My Personal Information