: Ryan's The Rift
    Overall Score: 7.354

4th Place: Cat's Time Crisis
    Overall Score: 7.166

5th Place: Cat's Perfect Romance
    Overall Score: 5.729

Best Grammar Award: Usoki

Worst Grammar Award: Endmaster

So Usoki and Endmaster were very close, but Primal managed to eek out ahead marginally. It looks like Cat bit off a little more than she could chew, and had the effort of her two stories been combined in a single one, who knows what would have happened. As for Ryan, his rift sat right in the middle.

More statistics coming, and I will send you all your comments, but not tonight, for I have a lot of calculus and reading to do.

Here are all of the numbers. The math won't work out for the overall scores because I didn't indicate on here which scores were weighted, but those were taken into account when coming up with the overall.

Primal:

Grammar: 7/7/7/10/8/7

Plot/Creativity: 9/9/9/10/8/9

Enjoyment: 9/10/8.5/8/9/9

Overall: 8.5/8.75/8.25/9/8.5/8.5 = 8.583

Time Crisis

Grammar: 10/5/9/10/9/10

Plot/Creativity: 9/2/5.5/7/8/5

Enjoyment: 7/5/4.5/10/7/9

Overall: 8.25/3.5/7/9.25/7.75/7.25 = 7.166

A Perfect Romance

Grammar: 10/8/8.5/10/9/10

Plot/Creativity: 7/3/4/10/6/4

Enjoyment: 6/6/2/3/3/6/1

Overall: 7.25/5/4.125/6.5/6.75/4.75 = 5.729

The Rift

Grammar: 10/9/8/6.5/10/6

Plot/Creativity: 8/7/8/8/9/7

Enjoyment: 8/4/6/7/7/6

Overall: 8.5/6/7.5/7.375/8.25/6.5 = 7.354

Sigma Epsilon Chi

Grammar: 10/10/8/10/10/9

Plot/Creativity: 8/9/7.5/9/8/7

Enjoyment: 9/7/7/9/7/9

Overall: 9/8.25/7.625/9.25/8/8 = 8.354
    Last edited by apotheosis; 02-11-2010, 06:27 PM.
    Click it now.

Wow, I only lost by 0.229? That's amazing! I would've have pegged myself in 2nd place by at least a full 0.5! And to have a one point difference between the next place? I'm in awe! I'm so honored! You love me! You really love me! I'm so flustered! Where do I begin? Well, first I want to thank my family, because without their support, I wouldn't be here right now. And God, of course- not that I believe, but if he were to exist, I don't want to piss him off by not thanking him. Gosh, who else? Oh, my heart is so aflutter. I should start with my teachers! Without their care and support I would never have gotten this far. To Ms Benefiel, if you're out there, thanks for being a crazy liberal in a conservative school. To Mr. Zeiner, I just want
    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

The day has finally come! Nice job everyone, and congrats to EndMaster! Now I just can't wait until we can post the drunken comments from Chubby...

Comment

Congratulations to all! Lots of fun entries this year.

Can't wait to hear what next year's contest theme will be!

~Katie
        ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Wait, wait, wait... I just realized something.

Katie, Locke, End, Usoki, Cat, DEP, Chubby, and I were all supposed to have rated the stories, which means we should all have seven figures.

But there are only 6.

!!!

Chubby, you disappoint me.

Looks like there won't be an exciting round of drunken comment-posting after all.

Unless it was DEP who opted out. In that case, you have my apologies.
          Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 02-11-2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

DEP submitted ratings, Chubby did not.

I considered doing so, but figured it would be better for me to remain unbiased since I'm doing the ratings. I will however, go back and rate the stories at some point.
            Click it now.

Comment

That crazy teletubby... Well, hopefully someday he'll go through and rate them in the conventional way, too.

Comment

Lol. "Worst Grammar Award."

That's one of the reasons why I thought Usoki was going to win since that's usually the category where I lose a bunch of points, then I have a habit of giving everyone else 10s in the category as long as they spell most of the words correctly.

That and the fact that I found Usoki's story really funny, I figured he'd get higher scores for enjoyment as well. (Dragons fucking Treants! I mean it works on so many levels! Okay, maybe not, but I thought it was hilarious)

I knew Chubby wasn't going to rate anyone's stories.

Anyway, just glad it's over and done with now.
                Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I thought you'd probably done the first column. I, myself, seem to have the bad habit of giving out 8s, double 9s, and 10s in the grammar category respectively.

Comment

Of course the downside to winning is organizing the next contest...

I know how to avoid this, I'll get pissed off at everyone for no reason and then delete all my posts!

Comment

I thought you just picked a topic? Or does the winner get to decide the deadline now, too?

I'm curious to see what you'll pick -- I remember you mentioning something about finally forcing people to do DEP's fantasy thing, but then you DID vote on "Myth" for last year's topic... I just don't know.

Whatever happens, I've got a feeling we're going to have a much better topic this time.

I probably shouldn't use the word "we", though, since I'm not planning on entering it!

Maybe, though. Maybe.

Comment

I haven't officially picked anything yet, I just thought that the idea of doing a contest story based on the unfinished DEP idea might be one choice, I'm still open to other suggestions.

In the past the winner usually decides the contest deadline. I figure I'll set one once we pick a topic that most people are going to be interested in participating in. The deadline will probably be around New Years though.

Comment

It usually doesn't matter to me what the topic ends up being (unless it's "Infinite Story" *shivers*), but here's a couple quick things I was just thinking of last year if you wanted to hear them:

- Valentine's Day (Self-explanatory.)

- Twisted Stories (Take your favorite nursery rhyme, TV show, movie, book, etc. and remake it Infinite-Story style [Apoth's "Harry Potter" and DEP's "Reunion" and "Ninja Turtles" come to mind].)

- Infinite Character (Base the story on someone [or several people] from the forums.)

- He/She (Story includes a He/She.)

- Country (Setting for your story is in a currently existing country, other than America.)

Comment

Oh, and "Team Story" is another one that seemed kinda interesting. Just throwing it out there.

Comment

Ohhhhhh, for infinite character, you should write about me. You can write a story about an intelligent tall attractive male who is disillusioned by the petty practices of society and cannot find a place to fit in so he imbibes in copious amounts of alcohol and posts on infinite writing forums.

Yeah, that would make a good story.
                              Click it now.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information