Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunchyfrog's First Thread!

Here's her link: http://www.cityofif.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6061

She says if you don't read it, she'll be posessing you next.

No, not really. But still.

I'm thinking I'll read it tonight or tomorrow, Crunchy. Sorry I've been holding off for so long -- I'm just catching up with everyone in my town right now.

... Son of a b

Originally posted by Crunchyfrog

Just to prove this newbie can write! The two chapters here are part of one thread of the story I'm writing for the IWT competition.

This is what I meant by another form of collaboration in Cat's thread, it's good for inspiration but you still do 100% of the writing. But by posting this link I also wanted to check whether because I'm writing a part of this way, whether it would still be eligible for the competition?

P.S. if I inhabit you, you too could soon be sporting a 'Where's Wally' bobblehat like Ryan. Be warned!
    But Crunchy, I read your story! I READ it! I swear! I

Shut up, bitch.

Comment

Ya, I made that last part up.

Comment

The story is really good so far! If I wasn't too lazy to sign up for whatever forum it's on I'd probably vote for experimenting around with the magic doodad at home.

While in theory I like the idea of a collaborative story where I get to have a say without having to do any work, it seems like there's only a handful of regulars here on the forum, and not all of them are even here all the time, so I'm not sure if there'd consistently be enough voters to support a project like that in the long term.

Ryan...that box is photoshopped, right? Right?

P.S. CF, what'd that one guy mean about a story of yours he could read without waiting for everyone else to read the house? Do you usually write graphic amphibious erotica or what?

Comment

How the hell would I know? It's Crunchy's avatar!

... But.

I DO have a sneaking suspicion that if you type the word "Crunchyfrog" into google images, you'll find out. Speaking of which, I'm glad to see you've jumped on the bandwagon and gotten yourself an avatar! Now you just have to get yourself the traditional "whacky location" End was speaking of to go with it.

Comment

Okay, so the box is real and I've ordered a case, Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate just sounds so excellent I couldn't resist. I'll just pick it off and feed the actual frogs to my cat.

My avatar is only temporary, it's so every time I post I'll be advertising the WIP that I was forced to start writing because no one would help me come up with ideas in the other thread.

I couldn't come up with any good ideas at all, but I saw all these colorful lights and started brainstorming, then...magical ponies! It all made sense at the time.

Comment

I'm sorry that we didn't help you come up with ideas -- at infinite-story there's an unspoken rule where we sort of expect you to come up with your own ideas for your first story. After that, we're a little more willing to provide our insights, but only if a lot of the writing is already done and you're only curious about certain little details.

I'm not sure exactly why that is.

Comment

Probably has something to do with us being evil, lazy bastards.
                Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

We really need to get this sign in thing fixed, I keep picturing crunchyfrog as yazzman in drag.
                  The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

What? YazZMan in Drag? As in me while I'm... "in" Dragavan? Not sure what that would look like, but I doubt it would be anything close to a chocolate-covered frog...

Actually, maybe it would. Yeah, now I think I see where you're coming from.

Nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois View Post
                      I'm sorry that we didn't help you come up with ideas -- at infinite-story there's an unspoken rule where we sort of expect you to come up with your own ideas for your first story. After that, we're a little more willing to provide our insights, but only if a lot of the writing is already done and you're only curious about certain little details.

I'm not sure exactly why that is.

I already started my first story (that I moved to the Infinite Door thingy) and I'm working on two potential contest entries right now. Only I tend to obsess on that kind of thing so whenever I'm working on a serious attempt at a story I like to have a dumb, random side project going at the same time to warm up/unwind with.

In hindsight it's probably best no one came up with anything anyway, I'm having a lot of fun with the story I started today even if I did spend much longer than was strictly necessary trying to figure out how my main characters would carry and use items without opposable thumbs.

Comment

Originally posted by mizal
                        The story is really good so far! If I wasn't too lazy to sign up for whatever forum it's on I'd probably vote for experimenting around with the magic doodad at home.
                        I'll keep it in mind when I total up the votes at the end of the week. Anybody else here want to vote, just post your preferences here. Or of course you could always register and vote!

While in theory I like the idea of a collaborative story where I get to have a say without having to do any work, it seems like there's only a handful of regulars here on the forum, and not all of them are even here all the time, so I'm not sure if there'd consistently be enough voters to support a project like that in the long term.
                        It doesn't really matter how many or how few people participate. People just come and go, play the stories, catch up from the beginning or just dive right in mid-story. Stories have been written with just one or two participants and have survived through to the end.

P.S. CF, what'd that one guy mean about a story of yours he could read without waiting for everyone else to read the house? Do you usually write graphic amphibious erotica or what?
                        lol that's my other Storygame 'The Magician's Touch' which has been running since 2007 and is near completion now. It's about 80,000 words, so she says she needs to be alone in the house so that she can catch up with it. (yes, there really are girls as well as guys at CityofIF )

You can get to the 'Magician's Touch' by clicking on the link in my signature, but you'd need to register to play it.
                        That was odd.

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
                          We really need to get this sign in thing fixed
                          The only temporary solution I can think of (other than Crunchy possessing Ryan) is Locke has his Sven Smokavitch account that he doesn't use anymore and if he gave various people the password to use as a "group forum account" sort of like what DEP did on the old forums one time. (Nobody actually used that one though)
                          Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Crunchyfrog, have you tried PMing sev? I had to wait awhile for him to read it but that's what eventually got me in.

Comment

Good idea, End. I'll PM her the details; Crunchy, check your inbox.
                              Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information