Crunchyfrog's First Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, hello there!

Testing... testing... Hello good peoples of ze Infinite Story, zis ees Smoken Svensmich here vishing you beeeeg hellos!

*coughs*

Wow, whew - excuse me while I get used to this new body.... - thank you Locke for the kind lending of your alternate ego of Sven Smokevich. - I don't think Ryan would have lasted much longer... *glances at blibbering wreck that was once Ryan lying on the floor* - uhm, I hope he'll be okay!

But seriously thank you so much all of you for making me feel so welcome here, and I'm also speaking for Smeester, when I say that too. To EndMaster and especially to Ryan thank you for putting up with my constant PM's and posting messages to the forum for me.

It's Crunchyfrog here btw if anybody hasn't yet guessed! Yeah, I did PM Severenz within minutes of signing up to the forums, I seriously thought that it might be winding down. That was almost a month ago, but I guess he hasn't seen it yet.

But it's good to be able to communicate directly now even if still in disguise! But the avatar is green, so that's good
    Holla from Philly, Montgomery style.

Comment

You could always change the avatar and sig to something that better represents you.

As for Sev, he's been known to disappear for months at a time, so he might not get around to seeing anything until who knows when. Though to be fair, the last time he disappeared it was due to having brain surgery.
      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Wow. That was really resourceful, End. Props to you, man.

And it's okay Crunchy. I'm pretty much paralyzed, but luckily you left the broken shell of my body near a computer and my fingers are still capable of typing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois View Post
          Wow. That was really resourceful, End. Props to you, man.

And it's okay Crunchy. I'm pretty much paralyzed, but luckily you left the broken shell of my body near a computer and my fingers are still capable of typing.
          Man, yeah... That is lucky.

(way to fucking go, crunch)
          The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

I'm with you, DEP. She should have left me near your mother, instead (typing isn't the only thing these fingers are still capable of doing!).

*Innocent Waldo Smile*
            Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 03-10-2010, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Yeah I read something about brain surgery. Hope everything is/has gone ok.

Avatar duly uploaded... and can see that PM inbox is 92% full of what looks like stuff from spambots. LadyXAdmin - I've seen that one appear on other sites, too. OK to clear out the inbox Locke?

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the time period, but I'm usually a sucker for time travel tales, so we'll see how this one goes.

And I have to admit, it's an interesting site- as long as you don't care about scrapping the unused branches. I think it might be a good site to try out some of my plot-less settings. If I have a solid plot and character, the weak plot frame will get foundation and support from the user-input.

Oh, incidentally, Crunch- nevermind. The polite voice of Smee popped into my head and answered it for me. (Without possessing me, I might add.)
                Last edited by Usoki; 03-12-2010, 12:18 AM.
                Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                  I think it might be a good site to try out some of my plot-less settings. If I have a solid plot and character, the weak plot frame will get foundation and support from the user-input.
                  But if you already have a solid plot... it's not exactly "plot-less"...

Glad to see you've got the dancing sprout again, Usoki!

Comment

Ye cruds. I meant to write 'setting'. A solid setting and character, with no plot to make things interesting. I have all sorts of ideas for realms where exciting things might happen, but they never do.

And, I've had it back for some time now. I wrote a nonsense line about it over in the nonsense thread. Jeez, Ryan, way to keep up.
                    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                      Oh, incidentally, Crunch- nevermind. The polite voice of Smee popped into my head and answered it for me. (Without possessing me, I might add.)
                      Haha, good ol' Smee!

*Also likes the dancing sprout*

Comment

I figured you'd probably had it back for a while... but asking me to pay attention is like asking 2 + 2 to equal 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizal
                          If I wasn't too lazy to sign up for whatever forum it's on I'd probably vote for experimenting around with the magic doodad at home.
                          Well, the poll closed and Going to the Pub won... if I had added your vote, Mizal, we would have had a tie... So I posted the Going to the Pub chapter as the live chapter - although I have the Go home and Experiment with the Magic Doodad chapter already written.

And its strange - I'm actually writing these chapters much faster than previous Storygames. I think it must be the thinking out of the various options as they get suggested, and writing them as CYOA rooms - by the time the poll finishes, whichever one wins is already half-written.

Anyways - for anyone who's interested - the Go to the Pub chapter is now in the 'suggest an option' phase.

Comment

Working...
                          Do Not Sell My Personal Information