Rareonce Project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rareonce Project?

I made a prologue to a story called Rareonce awhile ago. I used it to introduce the branches for part 1. Yet since then I've been debating whether the idea was going to be a popular one or not. But who likes the idea?

Branch 1-You become an angelweaver, then try to recruit one of the two major cities in the biggest human continent to aid your side in the war.(You take one city with help of a few angelweavers, a few others go for the other one)

Branch 2-You become a darkweaver, and then try to recruit one of the two major cities in the biggest human continent to aid your side in the war. (Only Darkweaver spareable, can only get 1 city to help you, not both)

Branch 3-You're human and you rule Maxedonia. A nation hidden in the wood near a kingdom called Naretion. Deal with the issues in your kingdom, interact with the other kingdoms, make allies, and then deal with the dreaded Weavers coming to recruit your kingdom.

Thats the plot for book 1. Who thinks it's a good idea?

I took a quick look at your story, and while I think it's possible to make pretty much any idea work (a friend once challenged me to write a completely non-ironic story about magical ponies), a lot of that has to do with the presentation. What I saw seemed kind of rushed, and there were some issues with punctuation and such...I think you might consider going back and taking more time developing the characters and setting, write longer chapters, etc., to really sell it to a reader.

e: hey guys so are newbies getting approved for the forums again or what? It might be cool to actually retain some new people.
    Last edited by mizal; 08-05-2010, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I think I scared her off.

Comment

Wow, I was just about to hit the "like" button on your post and then... I remembered this isn't facebook.

(No offense, guys! No offense!)

Comment

Working...
        Do Not Sell My Personal Information