Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hall Of Infinite Doors has claimed room 90000. Ten thousand more until we hit 6 figures. Get writing people.
    Click it now.

In what way is this creative writing?
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

It is clearly spam. Ban him DEP!
      Last edited by Locke; 04-01-2011, 02:20 PM.
      Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Every once in awhile I think I might like to scribble up a few chapters for this, just as sort of a low stress writing exercise thing in between my major projects (which I never seem to finish but eh) but I'm always turned off by the fact that the only unclaimed doors are stuck in an obscure corner like 500 links allllll the way down the hallway where no one will ever read them. And to add insult to injury a lot of the good doors early on that I would love to get my hands on are taken up by really obviously low effort stuff. It's annoying.

Like the Pine Door here for instance. It's prime real estate and some person whose name I just forgot (probably some uncreative jackass just looking to up the room count through any means necessary, though I certainly don't know anyone like that and have no idea who it might be) just wasted it on a dumb loop about cleaning supplies and eating poisonous notes or whatever. That could have been my door, my ticket to instant Infinite Story superstardom, but it's gone forever now, lost in time, like pine sap in the rain.
        Last edited by mizal; 05-07-2011, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Eh, well I've hit a little writer's block with my CYS story so I've gone ahead and added a handful of rooms to the Glass Door. It really is kind of nice not having to stress about outlines or getting every line just right and just scribbling down whatever random thing pops into my head right there into room desc box.

My stuff starts right here with the "Were you crying?" option if anyone cares, not much at the moment but I'll probably add more later. Or heck, toss down a couple rooms of your own if you're bored, I'm sure apoth would love that.

Anyone here have any stories tucked away in the HOID somewhere I just haven't stumbled on yet, btw?

Also, does CYS have an equivalent, do you know? I was actually toying around with the idea of an 'Endless Library' as a pretty much blatant ripoff, but it might work better over there, assuming apoth doesn't mind.

...End, maybe you could let him out for a little while so he can post?

Comment

CYS tends to prefer completed stories, so they don't really have anything like HOID over there. I think you have to give permission to people if they want to add on to a story, so I don't think you could really have one like HOID anyway where it's just open to all of the public to add on to.

Though JJJ might know more about it.
            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
              CYS tends to prefer completed stories, so they don't really have anything like HOID over there. I think you have to give permission to people if they want to add on to a story, so I don't think you could really have one like HOID anyway where it's just open to all of the public to add on to.

Though JJJ might know more about it.
              Yeah, you can't modify published stories and there's a maximum of (4?, might be 3) co-authors.
              How we paid such close attention
              To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

Huh, never realized that. Of course, other than HOID there don't seem to be many stories here that tons of random people just add to either though, not like other sites I've seen. That's always been part of the charm of CYOAs for me, but of course it's nice reading more consistent stories and not having quite so many half-assed and abandoned after three chapters ones cluttering up the place too.

Comment

Working...
                Do Not Sell My Personal Information