Split Ficlet II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Ficlet II

Alright, here it is. A split ficlet. A ficlet is a story containing a very specific criterea of between 64 and 1,024 characters (spaces and punctuation not included). Additions to the story can be written as a prequel to the story or a sequal (ie, before or after).

It is important that what you add helps make a cohesive story. If you add the part before "Henry walks into the bank" don't write about "Henry heats up his burrito." That said, logical story breaks are completely fine.

Now for the "split" part of it. The split references an alternate point of view... Ie, a second character. Same rules apply for him/her. At some point (or at more than one point) their paths will cross. In these instances, this part of the story will be told from both character POVs in their respective ficlets. So if you write about the crossover section (which is where we will begin) it is important that we don't mix up what happens. The same things should be happening in both POV's, though interpretations of what happens can be completely different.

You may write in only one POV at a time. No back to back additions, (unless to add to an alternate POV after several days of waiting) let everyone have a turn.

Hopefully that doens't sound overly complicated.

The short version
    Write in one of two POV's a short piece of literature between 64 and 1,024 characters long. Do not mix up facts during scenes where both characters are present.

The opening scene will introduce both characters (Shiela - the customer, and Phil - the convenience store clerk). That's all we know about them. If we come up with any facts (like hair color, eyes, whatever; I'll add them to this opening post for reference.)

Don't worry too bad about screwing up. We'll just make fun of you and fix it.
    Last edited by donteatpoop; 05-21-2011, 08:12 AM.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Phil

There was something about her that bothered him. It wasn't that she was hard to look at, quite the opposite in fact; she was beautiful. But something bothered him. A chill ran up his spine when she walked through the door.

Sheila

Shiela walked into the little store and eyed the man behind the counter suspiciously as she made her way over to the coffee bar. She glanced over at him a few times as she made her cup. He was mostly cleaning the counter and pretending to be busy, but he was watching her too. He was up to something, of that she was certain. The question was, what?
    Last edited by donteatpoop; 05-21-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Whoo. The response is underwhelming.

Remember, if you do feel like you're bored enough to play along, you can add to what happened immediately before or immediatley after what is already written. 64 - 1,024 characters.

Comment

Haha, yeah, sorry, I was hoping a couple of other people would post first, and in the meantime I finally got off my behind and started focusing on my contest story again, so I haven't been around here much. I'll try to think of something to add to this with later though, because we really need to find some way to kickstart a discussion around here soon...I mean Locke's so bored he's writing poetry, and God knows what some of these other people get up to when they have to much time on their hands. End'll be off on another murder spree before we know it.

Comment

Working...
        Do Not Sell My Personal Information