Comments and criticism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I laughed a lot.

I'd encourage you to write an entire CYOA on here about the loser in your story, but sadly I know you've progressed as a person.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Not to worry, Locke. I still love My Little Pony too! In fact, I've still got my entire old collection! Wanna come over and we can play pony for awhile?
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

After looking over the reviews of that little tale, it doesn't seem to have many negative ones. Most seem to have enjoyed it on some level. Even the few that didn't like it, were polite about it and didn't call Locke a bunch of names.

I think Christian was a big enough loser in general that he really couldn't be considered offensive to any particular group. Christian's a guy, so it's not misogynistic. He has sissy behavior, but it is expressed that he likes girls (and fails at getting them), so not really gay bashing either.

Yeah I suppose the fact he's Puerto Rican and living in filth might cause some to cry "THAT'S RACIST!" but I figured Locke was just going for realism on that aspect.

Anyway, what the hell Locke, you've got 61 stories on that site! You've been holding out on us!
        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

What struck me the most about it was the vituperating hatred felt by the narrator for his characters. It creates a strange sort of dynamic in a story when every paragraph just drips with the disapproving spit of the author.
          My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
            After looking over the reviews of that little tale, it doesn't seem to have many negative ones.
            Yeah, his sister logged on to reply there, and wasn't totally negative about it. Most of the "negative reviews" came in person, from authority figures and a couple of students at the school, and my parents. I did get suspended for distributing it, which ironically made me more popular. That's our society for you.

What struck me the most about it was the vituperating hatred felt by the narrator for his characters. It creates a strange sort of dynamic in a story when every paragraph just drips with the disapproving spit of the author.
            Palahniuk (Choke) comes to mind.

Anyway, I had my reasons. Most of the copies from the initial run were confiscated, but I saved one and boarded his bus to let him read it on the ride home. I kept up with it through the next year, and gave it to students in his networking classes, who kept it going. I did later regret doing it, but by then it was out of my hands.

Anyway, what the hell Locke, you've got 61 stories on that site! You've been holding out on us!
            Some of them are okay (although any poetry mysteriously had its formatting and line breaks removed at some point). Nothing terribly recent. I was really fond of "Rise of the Bureaucrats," which got a facelift so I could use it as major university project. The teacher devoted two days and extensive praise to it, which is more a badge of SHAME than anything else, and I guess has hurt me in the long run vs actually trying something new.
            Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
            Do Not Sell My Personal Information