No announcement yet.

IWT8 Ratings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished with the ratings. Now I wait to see how my story was rated. What the hell, I'm a starving artist? What does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by zac6251 View Post
      Finally finished with the ratings. Now I wait to see how my story was rated. What the hell, I'm a starving artist? What does that mean?
      It means that no one feeds you cheesy poofs and eventually you die of scurvy.
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

It means you've only made 25 posts in the forum. I don't remember how all of those ranking works, but I think the next one is Dime-store Novelist. Anyway, I wouldn't put too much stock into those.

Just a friendly reminder that you need to provide an asterisk with your ratings, or your vote will be incomplete. It would also be nice if you could wait, and send all of your ratings at once, instead of in multiple messages for each story. I... honestly didn't expect anyone to do that. Oh well, no harm done.
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

LOL. How shitty would it be if everyone sent you their ratings one at a time? Hahahahaha. Whoever did that is cracking me the fuck up right now. Unidentified people are hilarious.
          The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Okay, thanks! I kind of figured, but I wanted to make sure before I went running off to write up stuff and short change somebody.

I will do my best to read as much as I possibly can before getting way distracted. Or, just do End's thing, that five step program sounds crazy appealing. ;D

Comment

Only one left to read/rate and I'm done.

Comment

Wow, you guys are speedier than a gonzalez. I'm still plodding through my first story. Maybe I just won't bother to rate this year...

Comment

Awww I hate to hear that. The more voters the better imo. The deadline is still the same I believe, whether or not everyone else has their reviews in. So I say you need to tough it out! Eat a grizzly bear heart and put some hair on that chest and read some fine sci fi tales! Keep in mind i haven't submitted my reviews yet. I'm going to hold out...just...for...you...ves.

I have finished reading all the stories but I'm still mulling it over, contemplating my next move while sipping some cognac from an infant sippy cup. Cuzzzz iiiiim juuuust coool likeee thaaat.

Comment

You should definately still vote ves, you still have a week or two I think.

Comment

For serious. I'm all for waiting an extra week or two if some respected longtime forumer like Ves, Katie, Drag, or End is slow on voting. End mentioned Feb 6th, but it's not a concrete deadline. If nothing else, I don't plan on releasing the results until all of the authors have voted.
                      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

No need to wait for me, I didn't participate so I wasn't planning on voting this year. Katie isn't either.

To my knowledge Drag has never voted in these contests, but you could always ask him I guess.
                        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Well, I did say "if". If I have votes from all of the authors, and no one specifically tells me to wait for their vote, then this thing will wrap up on the 6th.

Comment

All right guys, I will do my damndest not to flake out on you. This next week is shaping up to be bazonkers crzazy so I'll let Usoki know if I need an extension.

Comment

As for myself, I believe I am yet too new here to put myself in the role of judge of other individuals' work. However, I wish you all most hearty good luck! I am a slow and deliberate reader, requiring my prescription monocle for the examination of close-at-paw text. Nevertheless I fully intend to make a full perusal of all submitted works to this most glorious contest!
                              Semper urso

Comment

Alright, authors, the clock is ticking. You've got about... ehh, a week left to vote. You don't want to face SCORN, do you? I mean, it's no SHAME or anything, but... it's pretty high up there, I tells yah. Don't count on there being an extention- half of the votes are already in. Over 50% would be a fantastic turnout if this were a country instead of a forum. Don't blame me if you miss your chance to get your voice heard. Yeah, I looking at you, newbie. You guys are the worst right now, with a pitiful 1/3 votes cast. Step it up. Don't try and wait until the last minute- the room count may be deceptively high in some stories, but that doesn't mean that they're five-minute reads, either.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information