No announcement yet.

IWT8 Ratings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be willing to read and rate...but I'm obviously not an author.

EndMaster usually gets my highest vote because he has the crazy ability to cross every t and dot every i.

Everyone else is worthy enough, it's just that his stories are so tight and neat and coherent.

But it's been a couple years since I read anything here....

Comment

Chubby. Have you rated yet? Probably not.

You always manage to disappoint don't you?

Like that time you were supposed to bring the vaseline up for your mother and I, or when you promised that you wouldn't shit on the pizza. Or when you disappointed me that other time. You remember, don't you? I don't think we need to talk about it, but you remember.
      Last edited by donteatpoop; 01-31-2012, 10:18 PM.
      The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Huh, Feb 2nd.

I guess I should try to read some stories or something.

Comment

Yay!
          I finally read everything.
          Some of them were really really good. I'm kind of glad I entered, just so my arm was twisted until I read everyone else's stories.

Comment

When rating it is important to score low on all entries save mine. I hope you kept this in mind, Kazi. I wouldn't want the others to laugh at you.

Comment

Of course!
              To commit such a faux paus, I know would only result in me being snubbed in all good and respectable company and I would not want that.

Comment

Time is counting down, people. You don't want to suffer SCORN, do you?
                Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

So did all the authors at least vote yet? Time's almost up!
                  Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I've officially asked for an extension from the irascible tranny.

I'm sure he'll grant it. Because you all NEED to have my input. It's what you live for. It's your oxygen. It's your sin, your soul, your sundae.

HOWEVER, tomorrow I will be stuck in a test tube all day and therefore unable to access any internets. They want to study me because they think I'm an interesting case.

A VERY INTERESTING CASE!

So tally-ho the rest of them and I'll be coming around the mountain when I come, which is just about never.
                    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

The extension for Vesnic has indeed been granted, with the condition that every story receive at least three solid paragraphs of critique. She was probably going to do this anyway.

However, we do not have critiques from all of the authors yet. There is still one author who is dangerously close to receiving SCORN. I would try and drop a pronoun hint, but I haven't paid attention to the genders of any of the newer entrants.

Whoops. Dropped a hint.

So, while I'm here, let's go over how the results are going to work. Once everything is tallied, I will create a main thread with the overall scores, fun facts, and so forth. This is the thread to talk about the rankings, congratulate the winner, and speculate about what the next theme will be.

I'm going to send you a PM through the forum. Given the varied way that the results were posted, it's just going to be easier to use the quote command to separate everything. The first comment will be mine. It's only fair, seeing as how I've read all of yours. The rest of the comments will be in a random order, which will be different for every person.

If you feel comfortable in doing so, you are encouraged to copy your ratings into the results thread, reply or retort some of the points raised in the critiques, and then try and guess who wrote which critique. This last one is critical, because it's very fun to point and laugh at the people who fail at doing this.
                      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

Shit. So I'm rereading my story and finding glaring errors. What's worse is that I forgot to do something I had originally planned to do; include time stamps at the end of each room to help Andrew seem more mechanical.

Oh well, I can always fix it after the contest.

Comment

Usoki, I've sent you my ratings on the main site.

I hit 11 pages in MS word, SINGLE-SPACED, with all this critiquing business.

So don't say I never gived ya' nothin'.
                          My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Are the festivities going to start soon?

I'm not sure who won this year. I'm guessing anyone except Mizal.

Odds might be in favor of Bat due to him turning in two stories he put a lot of work into.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, while stalking through everyone's comments sections, I just found this gem of a comment by DEP.

"I've seen better stories written on my penis. And that says alot, since I only have 2 1/2 inches to work with."
                            Last edited by End Master; 02-08-2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

We had some pretty verbose people this year, so I'm rather impressed at Vesnic's ability to write some of the longest critiques I've seen. Truly, they are things of beauty.

However, there is one snag. I must issue SCORN to Mizal, who has yet to contribute a ballot or ask for an extention. By this point, the trends are well-established, and there is a fairly sizable gap between most places. There really isn't any way for Mizal to create an upset without committing massively obvious voter fraud. I could post the results as they exist, no problem. But places 4-6 are very close, and could be easily changed by one vote.

I'm going to take the next day or so to randomize and compile the ratings so that I can distribute them anonymously. In the meantime, you guys should decide whether or not you want to wait for Mizal's vote. I'm pretty indifferent. Either we wait for the missing vote, or I post the results tomorrow-ish.

What say you all?

Comment

Mizal tends to disappear for months on end, I say go ahead post the results tomorrow and give her SCORN.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information