Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Hall of SHAME

Time's up for IWT8!

And now let the names of this year's SHAMED join the names of those who were SHAMED last year yet failed to do anything to improve their position!

ChubbyTeletubby (IWT8)
    Crunchyfrog (IWT8)
    Dreamshell (IWT8)
    King Malice (IWT7)
    Locke (IWT7)
    Smeester (IWT7)
    Spartan (IWT7)
    Tim2000 (IWT8)

A disappointing fate for Frog as she was a strong contender last contest, but was unable to avoid SHAME this year.

However, not all was filled with SHAME this year, Cat and Mizal were able to claw their way out from the dreaded SHAME pit and submit a story thus redeeming themselves Good job!

Anyway this year was our biggest turn out ever with 7 participants and 8 stories!

Well, that's it for my reign of terror, I trust whoever runs this stuff for IWT9 will enforce, change and outright ignore various contest rules as they see fit. I know I sure did!
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

My shame. It runs deep. It runs deep like some kind of very deep thing. *Insert clever writey thing here.* Maybe this may help explain why I broke a sacred promise and didn't contribute. I'm not a very good writey person. I'm good at some stuff. Like prolonged periods of absolutely no actual physical human contact. Other things? Not so much. Not to mention the hounds of winter. Running through the snow in my brain, their bloody tracks the only color to break the bleak grayness of my soul.

Comment

Originally posted by ChubbyTeletubby View Post
      My shame. It runs deep. It runs deep like some kind of very deep thing. *Insert clever writey thing here.* Maybe this may help explain why I broke a sacred promise and didn't contribute. I'm not a very good writey person. I'm good at some stuff. Like prolonged periods of absolutely no actual physical human contact. Other things? Not so much. Not to mention the hounds of winter. Running through the snow in my brain, their bloody tracks the only color to break the bleak grayness of my soul.
      ChubChub, if you had just divided that last post of yours into twenty segments and made a room of each one, you could easily have avoided SHAME. I have taken the trouble of indicating to you (in bold) three of the contest themes that could have made you eligible.

1.) Sacred Promise is ... Galactic Hero! A galactic hero often makes a sacred promise or vow, from which all the events of the story unfold as he attempts to maintain his hero status by actualizing said promise.

2.) Prolonged periods of...no...human contact is ... Stranded! You can be stranded in a group or you can be stranded quite alone, whiling away your days in a Martian-grass skirt, sipping the sweet juices of the Cardassian coconut.

3.) The hounds of winter is ... Ancient Evil Space Horror! or Dystopia!. Perhaps the Hounds of Winter, in capital letters, is the name given to a particularly dreadful menace from the deepest reaches of Andromeda, some sort of radioactive dog-wraith changeling capable of inducing instant incontinence! Or you could simply think that living in a wintry wasteland full of ravening hellhounds constitutes a pretty "sticky situation" as Eric Cartman would say, and therefore, a dystopia.

You were so close, ChubChub. So very close! Maybe Endmaster will be willing to give you just a few extra hours so you can put these suggestions into action, thus avoiding 2012 SHAME.
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

I like the way you think.

If End is feeling merciful (not likely) maybe Chubby could redeem himself by expanding his paragraph into a 5000 word story about a galactic hero found guilty of SHAMEful acts and stranded on a planet ruled by the Hounds of Winter as punishment.

Well, it probably wouldn't be fair to completely redeemed him, but perhaps the SHAME could be in lowercase letters after that point.

Comment

If Chubby writes a story about intergalactic baby smugglers I'll absolve him of his Infinite Story SHAME.

However, Chubby could have until the end of time, but it still wouldn't erase his crippling real life SHAME.

Comment

In keeping with our ever changing rules in our chaotic contests, Usoki showed great initiative this year by coming up with a brand new punishment!

Behold! The Pit of SCORN!

Much like the Hall of SHAME in which the slothful are tormented, the Pit of SCORN is reserved for those dishonable cowards who fail to submit ratings for their fellow competitors' stories.

Current inhabitants include:

Mizal (IWT8)

It seems while she was able to avoid SHAME, she was not able to avoid SCORN. Truly an ignoble fate.

Comment

If any of you are currently suffering under the albatross of shame or scorn, I would like to offer my bear-hugging services, free of charge of course. Everybody needs a little tender loving bear in their life, to make the rainy days sunny and the gloomy days bright! I don't want anybody to be sad! Please step right up to the line and hugs shall be had by all!
              Semper urso

Comment

Working...
              Do Not Sell My Personal Information