No announcement yet.

IWT 9 - Character Grab-Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was sort of wondering if SHAME was going to be kept in after I wasn't in charge of the contests anymore. Glad to see Usoki has continued that reign of terror along with the official implementation of SCORN.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

So what exactly is the status of the contest now? It looks like you've gotten all the character submissions you're going to get. Has this formally begun yet or are you still plodding along with some other detail as yet undisclosed?
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

hey fuck u

i need like a week

ur deadline is bullshit & u can all suck my cock

ICP BITCH

Comment

I have one more person who is going to submit a few more characters. In the interest of equality, I'm thinking the official submission end date is going to be whenever I get around to it on April 1st. Really, though- you can start whenever you want. It's not like I'm going to be taking characters away.
          Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
          And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I went back and forth on this issue a few times... but at the end of the day, I decided to add Threadkiller's characters to the contest, with only a few edits. They're really too funny to never see the light of day.
            Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

The joke's on Threadkiller, my mom's dead.

Since he's obviously proven to be a valuable and contributing member of the forums, TK should go all the way (LIEK HE DOZE WIT UR MOMZ! LOL!) and submit a story for the contest.

Comment

If I’m honest, writing a macho asshole juggalo character would be kinda funny.

And why stop at having End Master molest one horse? Why not a whole stable?

Comment

Shit, Usoki should just change the whole theme of this year's contest to End Master molesting horses.

Would certainly make the details on Sev's update on the IWT9 link interesting.

Comment

I'm definately using Whatever as one of my characters.
                    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Poop, is there any particular reason why you just insist on spelling definitely "definately". Is it your special signature or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
                        Poop, is there any particular reason why you just insist on spelling definitely "definately". Is it your special signature or something?
                        Definately.
                        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

The Groan Heard Round the World

Comment

Is there any kind of bonus for adding a whole buncha characters rather than just the minimum?

Comment

I would say any bonus is in the mind of the reader. Given how exquisite most of the characters are, the more of them you can realistically incorporate, the better your skills as a writer. That can't help but be reflected in the ratings.

This is the most interesting tournament I've seen so far. Thanks again.
                              Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Ideally, that bonus will be reflected in the ratings. If one person uses a lot of characters, and does a good job of using, that person will get a high theme rating, and will also result in everyone else having a lower theme rating by comparison. (Usoki using 3 characters is okay, but he only gets a 6 because Ves used 10 characters, ect.) I would also say that using 3 characters, plus many more who never have their special condition met is still better than 3 characters plus an original cast.

But, again... is there an actual bonus? No. Just the expectation that the voter will adjust accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information