No announcement yet.

Infinite Writing Tournament 11- Horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random tropes to be assigned to each entrant. I decide the manner in which the tropes are randomized. Most likely pieces of paper in a hat. You don't trust me? Tough. I don't feel like any trope is better than the other. This is the contest. This is it. No more democracy.

Randomization for contest entrants will be posted Monday.

BattyC out

Comment

nobody likes a plonker.
      Last edited by Sponge.; 04-21-2014, 03:49 PM.
      soak it up

Comment

Well randomly give that shit out already, would you? Come on, batcunt-tree. I'm trying to break new grounds by writing it now and fine tuning it later instead of how I usually do it (which is at the last fucking second).
        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

what he said you Douchebag

why not write all the categories on body parts , let thick fools blindfolded hit you with sticks labeled with any name.

very easy for everyone
          Last edited by Sponge.; 04-21-2014, 05:48 PM.
          soak it up

Comment

Tropes randomized. Here are the results.

BatCountry: Ritual Sacrifice & Afterlife Express

donteatpoop: Cosmic Horror & Urban Legends

Vesnic: Fetus of Doom & Cosmic Horror

Locke: Transformation/Metamorphosis & Clairvoyance

Bear Bi-Polar Bear: Fetus of Doom & Survival

Randomization was done by tropes in a hat. Or should I say tropes in a dirty paper bag that reeked of booze and strangely, bananas. As you may notice some tropes appear multiple times. This was so the contest was fair for everyone and everybody had an equal shot at all tropes.

If you plan on writing a second story, let me know so I can randomly select two new tropes. Obviously if you do that you MUST submit the first story otherwise the second will be invalid. I'm doing this to prevent people from trying to get certain tropes.

IT IS FINISHED
            Last edited by BatCountry; 04-21-2014, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I sort of like the results of this.

I feel like "Fetus of Doom" is a hard one to get stuck with (which would have worked strangely well with what I had planned).

DEP's options aren't bad. Mine seem like the best of the lot (and both came from my lists). It doesn't exactly mesh with what I had pictured, but it sounds like something I would write, and given the other outcomes, I'm going to say I lucked out.

Anyway, thanks, I guess. lol
              Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

I'm perfectly happy with mine too. Fetus of doom is right up my alley. Prepare, one and all, for Vesnicie's Baby!
                My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Prepare, one and all, for Vesnicie's Baby!
                  I never asked - why the shortening from "Vesnicie" to "Vesnic"?

My translator considers the former Romanian, which kind of deepens the intrigue, considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
                    I never asked - why the shortening from "Vesnicie" to "Vesnic"?
                    Well, I'm glad someone finally looked it up. Actually, you've all looked it up, but no one said anything till now. The answer to your question is really boring though, so hang on to your seat, you're in for...no ride at all, I'm afraid.

The day I signed up to Infinite and the fabled Old Forums, I had already been lurking on the site for several weeks. I was convalescing at my friend's place in Baltimore after taking a nasty and dare I say fateful spill off a piece of exercise equipment...had to go to the hospital, missed the sushi party, got the ball rolling on the whole MASSIVE DEADLY TUMOR thing. Ugh. But here's the really boring and more pertinent bit of the story: The next day, I signed up officially on IS and I'll be damned but my mind was fried and I couldn't think of what to name myself. It came very close to being something about "Droopy", and I think we can all rejoice that is not the case. Especially since I'm a dude, I mean...oh shit.

Infinite Story, eternal story...eternity...how do we say that in Othertalk? Oh right. And thus my name was born, like a star taking its place in the Cosmos, pomp and circumstance and stuff, etc.

Then we got the new forums and I signed up as Vesnicie of course but something went glitchy with the sign-up system so I jumped the gun and thought "Oh heavens, oh noooeees! I must sign up NOW!" so I shortened eternity to merely eternal (no offense to End) and Vesnic was born. Also I thought Vesnic was a little kinder to anglophiles whose amusing attempts to pronounce "Vesnicie" correctly were perhaps a bit too much the result of my own personal sadism, an inclination I have always tried to curb, as I'm afraid it might be WRONG in a categorical sort of way. I'm the kid who used to blindfold her dog and lead him towards the nearest down-staircase. I was also the kid who felt acutely the other kids' pain when anything at all happened to hurt them, so that's a heady mixture which requires active revisionism, doncha think?

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
                      Especially since I'm a dude, I mean...oh shit.
                      This made me laugh because if true, it means Apoth had surprise gay sex that he neglected to mention which is silly because we wouldn't have judged him. (Okay we still would've laughed at him though)

Anyway, looks like Ves has the best combo since I can actually visualize Cosmic Horror and Fetus of Doom thanks to there being an insanely powerful D&D monster called an Atropal which is an undead stillborn of a god.

Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Ewwww.

Thanks though, End. Being the unnerdy, bitch-slappin' jock that I am, one who's never gone near a 12-sided die in his life nor even knows what a dodecahedron is (sounds like a Monster Truck), I surely would have missed this valuable research opportunity.

Comment

Cosmic horror. Oh how I loathe cosmic horror. But fine, okay, fine.

I know which one I'll be half-assing.

Way to randomly pick some BULLSHIT.
                          Last edited by donteatpoop; 04-22-2014, 11:33 AM.
                          The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

I would think cosmic horror would be pretty easy. Just write some indescribably awful being with a bunch of tentacles and makes people go insane at the mere mention of its name.

And then throw in something about Euclidean geometry for good measure.
                            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

A Cosmic Horror

EDIT: ...it's bigger than I thought.

Comment

Alright, Batman, sign me up. I need something to do and I think I'd like to contribute some writing to this site finally, as well as rid myself of the mountain of SHAME and SCORN I am suffering under (or at least add BANISHED FROM TIME AND SPACE to the pile).

I'd request you draw again if you get "Fetus of Doom," as there's already two others with the Rosemary's Baby trope, anyway. I'm not wild about "Afterlife Express" either, but whatever happens.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information