No announcement yet.

Stipulating Stylistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're all very bad little boys and you're giving Mama migraines! Usoki dear, would you please be so good as to mix Mommy her sleeping draught? And you, End, since you have indeed not been the worst of my boys, you get to rub Mommy's feet. As for the rest of you, go play outside for a nice long time and then later, after you've gone to bed without supper, you can contemplate that white hair you put on poor Mama's head.

...so tired, so very, very tired...
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

The Adventures of Cap'n Crunch and the Berry Scary Crunch Berries, by Vesnicie

Can't wait.
      The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
        The Adventures of Cap'n Crunch and the Berry Scary Crunch Berries, by Vesnicie

Can't wait.
        Hell, I'm tempted to cobble together some pirate-y product placement fanfic myself...
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

So what if he's Andrew Jackson's great-great-whatever-son? Fucker got impeached, dinnit 'ee? Just because I look at a twenty and see my best friend's face doesn't mean I envy his fate. Or maybe I do. Me, I've got the gypsy curse. Uncle was a Hungarian Roma. I was the only one in the room when he died. I felt his spirit go. I felt myself cowering in a corner, but it was too late. No nurse nor no doctor could save me because the curse, it was on me. It was in me and it's been in me ever since. How long's it been? Ten years? More? Gypsy curses are not the kind of thing you fuck around with...

So if some demented old lady is selling you wooden spoons from the depths of a detritus-lined trash-bag, you know what you gotta do. Do the only thing that makes sense. Scream, spin around three times, spit over your left shoulder, throw salt over your right, chant "MacBeth MacBeth MacBeth!" and then rape a baby and you'll be all right. Me, I wasn't so lucky. Couldn't find the salt in time.

Comment

Is that really from your new story, or just something random you wrote on the fly?
            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
              Is that really from your new story, or just something random you wrote on the fly?
              It's nothing. Like everything, it doesn't mean anything.

You guys have no idea how close I am to just snuffing it right on out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
                It's nothing. Like everything, it doesn't mean anything.

You guys have no idea how close I am to just snuffing it right on out of here.
                But you didn't snuff it.

If you had snuffed it, you would not be around to tell the tale you've just told today.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                  But you didn't snuff it.

If you had snuffed it, you would not be around to tell the tale you've just told today.
                  Lol. Can you even read or should we review basic tense and sentence structure?

Just know my time is limited. As I mentioned above, the devil is on me and he's not getting off, like a drunken fratboy missing his Mama at Christmas.

Par exemple: Today I withdrew thirty silver pieces from my account and had 666 left over. That's the kind of heavyhanded symbolism they use when they want to make absolutely sure you know you're fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
                    Lol. Can you even read or should we review basic tense and sentence structure?
                    *facepalm*

It was a Clockwork Orange reference (paraphrased a bit) after Alex threw himself out the window.

I would've thought with all the snuff talk and you being cultured and all would've recognized it.

You've disappointed me, go snuff yourself.

EDIT: Fine, here's a reference so easy, even Threadkiller could get it.

I wish I could tell you that Ves fought the good fight, and Locke and rest came up to her level. I wish I could tell you that - but Infinite Story is no fairy-tale world. Things went on like that for awhile - Infinite Story consists of routine, and then more routine.

Every so often, Ves would show up with fresh ideas. Locke and the rest kept failing her - sometimes she was able to enlighten them, sometimes not. And that's how it went for Ves - that was her routine.

Then one day she disappeared as she sometimes would. It always made me sad, though… Ves being gone. Then I have to remind myself some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. But the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone.

I guess…I just miss my friend.

But as the old saying goes, get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.
                    Last edited by End Master; 08-10-2014, 07:48 AM.

Comment

How very embarrassing, not to catch a reference like that, which I have no business missing. Maybe Shawshank is closer to the mark anyway because we're talking about a prison of sorts, and while your example seems to imply that IS is my enclosure, well, I was thinking of someplace a little bigger that is even so a cage. Got a movie line for that?

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure if you're referring to being trapped in your job, a relationship or just life in general, but I'll try and I'll use various bit from this movie since it can sort of work for all three.

You wake up in Dublin, Warsaw, Boston. You wake up in bed, under the bed, in some strange dude's bed. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking lingerie. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

But remember, it's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Comment

I'm afraid Tyler and Co. don't really fit here either, I'm afraid. They might have a few years ago, especially in that bit about losing everything to gain something and hitting rock bottom to start the ascent or whatever it was, I don't quite remember. As you've seen, my memory is a little hazy right now. I need something a bit more specialized. I've just passed one of life's milestones and achieved something quite laudable. In my real life, people are smiling at me and congratulating me, maybe genuinely, maybe not. What matters is the inside and how deadly exhausted and utterly spent I am in mind, body and soul. Got a movie for that?

Comment

I'm afraid Tyler and Co. don't really fit here either, I'm afraid. They might have a few years ago, especially in that bit about losing everything to gain something and hitting rock bottom to start the ascent or whatever it was, I don't quite remember. As you've seen, my memory is a little hazy right now. I need something a bit more specialized. I've just passed one of life's milestones and achieved something quite laudable. In my real life, people are smiling at me and congratulating me, maybe genuinely, maybe not. What matters is the inside and how deadly exhausted and utterly spent I am in mind, body and soul. I have never felt so hopelessly detached from reality. Got a movie for that?

Comment

If you were feeling psychotic and violent rather than just drained and empty, I'd suggest something from Taxi Driver or American Psycho.

If you were an idiot savant enjoying all these accolades from people, I'd suggest Being There.

Argh, my mind is a blank! Damn you and your indy art fag movie feelings!

Well hope you feel better and here's my last wild guess

All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl.All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl. All work and no play makes Ves a dull girl.

Comment

A reading from the Book of Armaments:

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'
                                The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information