No announcement yet.

Iwt xii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Germany ever not been a terrible country full of terrible people, at any point in its history? I'm with dreamshell here, just gtfo asap and then wonder why you ever went there in the first place.

Anyway I've decided that betrayal is a terrible theme for a contest and whew, that's a relief!

For betrayal to have any impact on a reader at all it has to be unexpected, which isn't really possible in a story where everyone is expecting it because it's completely mandatory.

anyway, FYA and good night

Comment

Is this still a thing? Is this still happening? Any changes to the format or rules? The topic seems eerily dormant. I'm in by the way. As always; I'm ready to be judged and express myself in lazy, sloppily written prose.

DEP should make a crazy rule. "Story must contain 76 foot tall meallic death-bot who must learn how to love...peaches."

I haven't posted in months, so...that's what you get from this cowpoke.

Comment

It's not at all unusual for the IWT thread to go quiet in the time between the final announcement of topic and the week or two leading up to the deadline, when people inevitably start requesting extensions.

Until DEP says otherwise, you can assume that the contest is going ahead as stated:

IWT XII
        Theme: Betrayal
        Deadline: October 1
        My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

We're still on. Betrayal betrayal betrayal.
          The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Wouldn't the ultimate betrayal truly be me saying I will enter the contest but then on the deadline, reveal to all that I never intended to submit a story in the first place? I call DEP a festering twat, then drop the mic so to speak.

I would auto-win, correct?

Comment

You'd still have to at least write 20 pages about how DEP is a festering twat, otherwise it wouldn't count.
              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Yeah it has to be 20 rooms at minimum.

Comment

I don't mean to question your authority, oh great and despotic ruler of the Infinite Writing Tournament, but do we have any sort of list to see who plans on contributing to the contest?

Obviously it's your choice if we don't have one, but how will we otherwise ridicule and SHAME all the people that inevitably enter the contest then contribute nothing; as I'm sure they also contribute nothing to society?

One of the joys I receive from these contests is to laugh at the lost souls, flailing helplessly for eternity within the pits of SHAME.

Or, dare I say; maybe you plan to do away with the SHAME pits and lead us into a new and glorious era of understanding and peace?

Oh and fyi I've begun my story, "20 reasons why DEP is an insolent, festering twat"

Comment

I beg an extension until Turkey Day.

Comment

Yeah... I need an extension, too. I lost interest in the story I was going to enter and now have another idea I haven't yet started. And while I could possibly do twenty rooms before the deadline... I'd have a better chance of doing more with a bit of extra time.

Comment

Very well. We'll move it to the end of November.

Contest expires November 30th.

Comment

Thanks, Poop. You're a poopy peach.

Comment

How's everything coming?

Comment

Also, who the hell is officially in this year?

Comment

I'm definitely in... working on and off... and currently at 18 rooms. Not sure I'll be finished, but if I can stick to the sort of amount I've done so far, there'll hopefully be well over the minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information