look at these fuckin crybabies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look at these fuckin crybabies

To all of you whining that you want to post who are just RAGING that you can't:

Lol, fags.

(It's really nice here btw. Alone. I'm enjoying all this elbow room.)

Looks like I can post now.

Think I'll sit back and laugh right along with you.

Comment

Hi IAP! Pull up a chair.

Lol, I can't believe how lame the others are.

If they'd made an account ten years ago they wouldn't have this problem, now would they?

Comment

You know, what I really appreciate is how quiet it is here. No annoying chirping noises all through the night if you get what I mean.

Comment

I can post now too, so no angrier posting on discord about the terrible system this forum has. Because it's pure lunacy. That I have to dig up who is a mod and send a message Outside the forum just to get unblocked.

But now I think about it is like a dumb failsafe; If you aren't intelligent you are blocked.

Comment

I WASN'T CRYING!

Thanks, whoever let me in.

Comment

Glad to see Cricket finally got in.

So used to having at least one daughter around at all times, it would be weird to not have one around now.
              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

'Literary Hack' lol

Was anyone else planning to pile on in here?

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                  Glad to see Cricket finally got in.

So used to having at least one daughter around at all times, it would be weird to not have one around now.
                  It's a pleasure to be here with you.
                  How could I NOT follow you here?

Comment

By the way guys, I believe I discovered what REALLY killed the IS forum:

Comment

Originally posted by mizal View Post
                      By the way guys, I believe I discovered what REALLY killed the IS forum:

That's it. I'm out.

Comment

Wait. I thought Steve was some supercomputer tied up in someone's basement that churned out novel length stories every couple of days. What ever happened to that guy?

And I'm happy to be a part of this. Hopefully, I'll have better luck writing now that I'm here than I've had in ... uh, five years (sheesh!) on the master site.1

1 Not to be confused with EndMaster's birthplace, which is apparently this place.
                        Last edited by ItAintPretty; 11-18-2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

In case it isn’t clear - I closed the forums a couple years ago because third party software is a security risk to all my personal software and applications. I put the forums back on a separate web server recently so compromising this web server won’t affect those.

The goals of the forums are to promote the writing community and provide an open channel for users to communicate with me - the goal being to make IS the best interactive fiction engine in the world.

If it doesn’t help accomplish the goals and/or turns into a bunch of hate or ranting about this website that I’ve personally but endless hours of work into then I’m happy to shut it down again. It costs me money to run this forum.

Appreciation in advance to anyone who helps make this community more inviting and the writing engine better.

Comment

The point of this thread in particular was to point and laugh at a couple of specific people who were freaking out in Discord because they made accounts but couldn't post. Which was a bit silly when forums that require moderator permission to post aren't that uncommon anyway.

I guess that could potentially become an issue if we went through periods where there weren't any mods around to open the gate. People get busy IRL and I'm not sure what DEP's activity levels are these days, for one thing.

I don't really foresee the forum turning into a place to rant about site. (Please note that poisonmara is ANGERY bipolar Spaniard and her rants should be taken with a grain of salt, if that was the issue.)

I definitely wouldn't want to see them removed, there's so much nostalgia-fueling history here, and I think a site really does have to have a forum to have any kind of community, and communities field writing, participation etc.

​​​In time I imagine there will be more actual writing chat, everyone is just still in slowly wandering back in and marveling at ruins and rebuilding efforts phase. Almost definitely when the next IWT becomes official.

Comment

I did remove the moderator approval requirement for new users. That was implemented to stop the spam bots mostly. Now that we have good captchas we hopefully won’t see that again. If you do see something like that, please let me know immediately.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information