v2 NEW FEATURE - Submission Guidelines, Introduction, Author Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v2 NEW FEATURE - Submission Guidelines, Introduction, Author Notes

Guys, I'm going to start formally announcing the new features or enhancements so that I can bring attention to them and get feedback on them.

NEW FEATURE: For any story, you can edit three new text fields: Submission Guidelines, Introduction, and Author Notes.

Submission Guidelines
    The link can be accessed via a story (header). The goal of this is to remind users what type of story this is: mood, writing style, etc. Anything you want the writer to think about when adding to your story.

I considered showing it on the Add A Room form, but I fear that without a maximum length, it could make the form ugly. For now, I just show a message and offer a link to the submission guidelines. I could do something fancy and make the user click through (accept) the submission guidelines once per session. bbcode is allowed

Introduction
    I created a dedicated field for this since I saw a lot of users using the "first room" as the introduction. While some users may still choose to do this, a dedicated field now exists and it is currently shown on the "New Story Index" page (another new feature I will announce soon) bbcode is allowed

Author Notes
    This is just a place for the author to note anything about the story. You can currently only see this via the Edit Story Settings form and it will not be shared with other users.

Please review and discuss. Feedback is highly appreciated.
Working...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information