A whole bunch of errors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A whole bunch of errors.

I wanted to post an image in my story by making a bunch of screwy punctuation marks in instead of uploading a gif or jpeg. I typed everything out, but when I previewed the image, all the spaces had been removed! To get around this, I removed the spaces and inserted periods, but when I uploaded it a second time I got an error that said I had to remove the HTML from my post. I removed the periods and this time inserted commas, but I got the same error! Then, I reverted the picture to its original before the error, but instead of simply removing the spaces as it did before, it gave me the same HTML error! I finally gave in and took a screenshot of the characters and uploaded an image, but just like every other site, it's too difficult to support BMP files. I redid the process with a JPEG this time, but even though it's clearly listed as one of the possible options, it wouldn't let me upload! I tried converting the BMP file to JPEG by renaming it, and it uploaded fine, but all I get is a red X in the corner of an empty box!

It should not be this difficult to make a picture. Someone please fix these bugs.
    This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and twelve year old girls are FBI agents.

Due to Sev currently rewriting the site code, the pic option is sort of broken until he’s straightened it all out.

Until then, the only way you can put pics in your story now is if you import them in from some place like photobucket.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I have a photobucket account, but I don't like using it. I'll just wait for the code to be straightened.
      This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and twelve year old girls are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by NEON725 View Post
        I have a photobucket account, but I don't like using it. I'll just wait for the code to be straightened.
        You can also link from other sites. [.img.]http://whateverwhatever.com[/.img.] (but without those pesky periods in the tags.

Welcome to infinite-story, by the way.
        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

The code might not be straightened out for a long time. I suggest using photobucket. It's really not that bad once you get use to it.
          Click it now.

Comment

What exactly is the problem with images? Links, examples?

Comment

Wow, how odd. I was going to link you to an example in one of my stories and after trying to re-upload the pic, it worked this time.

Everyone else try to upload a pic to see if it’s working again.

This might not be necessary now, but the main problem with the pics was just that if you tried to upload one, all you’d get is a white square with a red X.
              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I am committed to making this site bug free and I apologize for not staying on top of these things. However, I assure you that I'm making grand progress and images will not be a problem with V2.

Comment

Any admin up at 4:10 a.m. Eastern Time really deserves a thunderous round of applause.

Hip Hip Hooray for Sev!
                  Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
                  Last edited by Vesnic; 10-13-2011, 03:37 PM.
                  My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

This is a very minor error, but on the main page you can't search for stories by word count but if you search for stories by some other criteria then in the drop down box the word count option appears.
                    Click it now.

Comment

Working...
                    Do Not Sell My Personal Information