IS Bouncer Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS Bouncer Poll

Okay, time to vote. If you haven't been keeping up, DEP and Endmaster are up for moderator privileges. Responsibilities presumably include approving new members and keeping out the spambots and other Eldritch Horrors, as well as taking the heat for whatever goes wrong on the forum, accepting complaint messages from newbies who can't post, and getting in touch with Sev.

Hopefully, he'll give whoever wins the ability to appoint future mods (in case you get tired of the forum or something) and ban if necessary, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'd be fine with either or both of you, but assuming "there can be only one" - unless one of you concedes - let the votes decide!

If you want to vote, but can't post in the forum yet, the decision obviously affects you, so send me a PM and I'll make sure your vote gets factored in.

Votes are private; poll closes in 5 days.
    DEP
    50.00%
    Endmaster
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Locke; 02-16-2011, 01:53 AM.
    Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

This is going to be really funny if after all this mess, we end up tied.

I'm betting DEP will get one more point before its over though. Sort of surprised I got as many as I did.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

It'd be nice if Sev gave mod access to both of you, just for redundancy, but I'm surprised DEP got him on board with this in the first place (I proposed it several times in the past without luck).

Nice that the vote is so close. Poll shuts down early tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
        It'd be nice if Sev gave mod access to both of you, just for redundancy, but I'm surprised DEP got him on board with this in the first place (I proposed it several times in the past without luck).

Nice that the vote is so close. Poll shuts down early tomorrow morning.
        I've thrown the idea at him once before myself. I think that with all these issues being recurring that it just seems more logical to him now.

Anyway, he also hinted that IS v2 would be done soon. But I took that with a heaping of salt.
        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Anyway, he also hinted that IS v2 would be done soon. But I took that with a heaping of salt.
          Cool that it's still on his mind; at least he evidently hasn't given up on finishing the redesign. With that and a moderated forum, we could find ourselves fully back in action. As you said, not something I'm counting on, but since I find the present state of things enjoyable, it's all good to me (unless the site somehow breaks during the changeover and gets stuck that way).

Comment

What happens if it's tied?
            How we paid such close attention
            To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

Hopefully, Sev will just give them both mod privileges; I don't see why that should be an issue, except that he isn't around much, and might not realize the dynamics of the forum are such that most of us could be probably moderators concurrently without messing things up.

Otherwise, either one of them concedes, or we just figure it out somehow, possibly by waiting for a newbie or absentee (Apoth, Xnull, etc) to drop by and speak for one or the other. Technically, even Megaman could swing this.

I see you've got CYS under your thumb now, btw. Nice.

Comment

If we're still tied by the end of the voting, then we should just go see if Sev will appoint both of us as Locke suggested. It really would be the best solution since if one of us has temporarily disappeared, the other will most likely be here.

If Sev doesn't want to do that, then I'll just concede. No point in waiting for someone else to pop in to give an "overtime" swing vote, that could take forever. Plus I'm pretty sure if anyone else pops in to vote, it'll be for DEP anyway. (He's pissed off a lot less people than I have and doesn't have a "stalker" reputation.)

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                  If Sev doesn't want to do that, then I'll just concede. No point in waiting for someone else to pop in to give an "overtime" swing vote, that could take forever. Plus I'm pretty sure if anyone else pops in to vote, it'll be for DEP anyway. (He's pissed off a lot less people than I have and doesn't have a "stalker" reputation.)
                  Maybe apoth would have voted for you if you hadn't murdered him in your basement. Perhaps you should have considered that. Either way it seems like maybe it should disqualify you or something.

Comment

Originally posted by mizal View Post
                    Maybe apoth would have voted for you if you hadn't murdered him in your basement. Perhaps you should have considered that.
                    I regret nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                      I regret nothing!
                      Interesting. So is that what you plan to say to the judge, assuming one of us ever gets around to showing his last desperate PM to the police? Personally I'd go for something more like 'not guilty', but maybe that's just me.

Comment

If I've really already murdered Apoth and have his body dissolving in a vat of acid in my basement and announced it on a public internet forum it's pretty much a given that I've gone beyond caring if I'm caught or not.

Unlike you I have no SHAME.

EDIT:Well time's up.

Looks like DEP will have to email Sev about it and we'll get a definite answer. If he just wants one mod, then I congratulate DEP on his new appointment. If he doesn't mind two, then I congratulate myself as well.

Anyway if anyone needs me, I'll be skinning Ryan in the basement.
                        Last edited by End Master; 02-21-2011, 01:58 AM.

Comment

I hope that Sev gives you both mod capabilities. It would make more sense if there were two.

I mean, we've had to rely on just one individual to be active enough to maintain the forums up until now, and look what happened...

Comment

Heh, nice one, Mizal. Wicked sense of humor. Kind of figured Ryan was next, too (judging by Apoth's message, he's been dead a week). It's just me here in Florida, by the way; if you get the urge again, End, you could probably take out DEP and Usoki with the same road trip. Still a lot of state lines to cross with two people in your trunk, if you're bent on doing the basement slave thing now, but being a killer in this economy is tough; it's like a two for one. You don't get that every day. Just saying.

Comment

I, Apoth am not dead and humbly support Endmaster's bid for moderator.
                              Click it now.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information