PNG Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNG Support

In my previous stories, I used the .png image format because it allowed images to retain quality while taking up very limited space (conforming to the meager 50000 byte image limitation).

I went to update one of my stories and received an error message saying the site only accepts .gif and .jpeg images. The old .png images I uploaded are still present in my stories, but I cannot upload any new images. Any way you can include this image format? Thanks!
    Click it now.

Along with this issue, which I would also like to see dealt with, there's some issue about pixel width? I got an error message saying "Your new image is limited to a width of 0 pixels." I don't know a lot about computers or bitmapping or anything, but... am I wrong in thinking that sounds screwed up?

Sorry, I didn't know where else to inquire and I wanted to show some love for PNG.

Comment

I've only used jpegs, but are the images even working properly right now?

I mean the images in stories can currently be seen, but the site reboot has shifted a lot of them to the top left or top center even if you had the images at the bottom of the page originally.

Attempting to fix them results in the images not being able to show up at all. Like a while back when I was fixing my GZ intro the pic I uploaded wouldn't show up and I just got a blank outline of where it was supposed to show up. Deleting, re-uploading, altering the image so it was smaller (Though it was already within the limits) all didn't work.

I got around it by using photobucket though so that's an alternate solution.
      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Well, I'd already used photobucket to resize a pic before I'd even tried to upload it, so that point is moot. But no matter what/how I tried to upload, I kept getting the same error message about a 0 pixel width limitation.

Comment

dreamshell, can you send me the image you are having the error with?

Comment

You can now upload PNG room images.

Comment

Thanks, severenz!

Comment

No problem.

I tested with 8-bit and 24-bit PNG saved from Photoshop. However, I did not save with any alpha transparencies.

If someone could try an alpha transparency and let me know if it works, it would be just swell.

Comment

Working...
                Do Not Sell My Personal Information