X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done.

https://infinite-story.com/story/info.php?id=20962

Comment

And that's time. Mara, MHD and Ninja are safe. The rest of you are thrown into the Pit of SHAME.
      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Feeling lazy, so going to just post what I posted on CYS over here.

Okay well I might as well post the rankings and get this over with. I've procrastinated long enough.

First though, despite my general sloth and loathing of reading through contest stories (or any stories but mine for that matter) I actually did like all of them. So I ultimately based the winner on the stories closest to the theme which was resurrection.

Going by that, MHD won. The whole gods thing of resurrection/rebirth thing worked the best with hers. Though given the pics she used, it looked like she made fanfic of me and Mizal and just called the characters something different.

Moving on to second place, would be Mara's brian in a jar story. This one probably came the next closest to resurrection due to the video game nature of the piece. Under normal circumstances, this one probably would have been disqualified due to being broken on IS, but since I was able to read it over here on CYS to the end, Infinite's coding system is probably still a little buggy due to being new and most importantly I'm the only judge that's bothering with any of this essentially the only rules to this contest are mine anyway.

Third place is Ninja which story I read first. In fact I liked that one so much I figured that one was going to win and it probably would have had the theme been Noir or the best Sin City attempt. Unless I missed it, I didn't really see a resurrection theme though.

As for Mara's second story, I got lazy and haven't finished it (yet). I think I just stumbled on the potential resurrection bit, but since she already got second place and the western theme isn't grabbing me as much as the other stories, and it's only just an IS contest, I'm calling it now.

In any case I'm not sure why Mara's always concerned about what the CoGite faggots say about her writing, seemed fine to me. If they're publishing the likes of Tevin the Incel Gangsta and Suicidal Sammy over there, pretty sure there would be a place for whatever Mara does.

Anyway I'll be passing out points soon to the ones who bothered to submit something. Fortunately for the rest of you, there will be no CYS SHAME for your failure, but you do currently have IS SHAME which isn't that big of a deal for Mizal since she's had it for years.

EDIT: Okay, I got a zombie ending for the Western one Mara wrote. So going to say this one came in second place and disqualify the brain one for fucked up coding on IS.

What does this mean? Nothing. Mara still got second place and I still rated all the stories fairly high.

Carry on.

Comment

I just wasn't feeling this when I saw the handful of actual IS people had fled before us, or never bothered to show up at all. It was just going to be another sparring match with people I already know rather than the triumphant return and bloodbath I originally envisioned. Ah well, maybe next year.

I through my WIP on the 'to do' pile which is roughly a mountain by now. It was looking like it would be kind of a slow burn anyhow with lots of feelings n shit so not doing me any favors with the judge.

Comment

"Next year" Lol.

Comment

Working...
            Do Not Sell My Personal Information