Contest Story Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest Story Troubles

I had some spare time today so I thought I would start on my allegory for the contest this Halloween. Anyway, I'm having a really hard time with it. Has anyone else got an idea for their contest stories? Any ideas on what to do with writer's block? Someone once told me that having sex will help people clear their minds so they can write. Anyone had any luck with that?
    ~KatieWroteIt

Shameless plug time!

For those of you who were absent or mentally indisposed or not yet lucky enough to be here, I was the winner of the 2007 writing tournament with my story The Country from Hell. I proposed a new topic for next year's contest, which is elaborated here:

http://forums.infinite-story.com/showthread.php?t=200

Katie, in direct answer to your question, I have only vague ideas so far, nothing worth verbal sewage though.

Sex, sex, I haven't gotten laid in so long. Oh lord.

But back on topic, yes, the theme for this contest is "Allegory"!!

Woohoo!!
    Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 08:44 PM.
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

I'm not even sure if I'm doing this one.

I think I'm going to concentrate on some of my stories that need some work, and a novel or two.
      The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Well POOP on you.
        Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

DEP not doing a contest?! I thought they originated with DEP. That's like church without God.
          ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

I'm not sure either. I'm going to be concentrating on Primal. I put Primal on the back burner when I was trying to finish up Legend, and it's looking like it's probably going to take up a lot of my time.
            Last edited by End Master; 02-14-2008, 04:16 PM.
            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Hi! My name is: Katie View Post
              DEP not doing a contest?! I thought they originated with DEP. That's like church without God.
              Yeah, I originated it and stuff. I almost didn't enter the childrens contest (and after writing it I probably shouldn't have).

But as many have probably noticed; I tend to start a lot of stories and finish very few. I think it's time I concentrate one some of the stories I have started and finish them up. Paco, Ducky, and High Score will get the bulk of my attention.

Comment

You're all a bunch'a bloody bastuhds.
                Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

This is directly from my old thread. Did you need more rules than this?

The Allegory of my Cave

Consider the following definitions:

Allegory:

An expressive style that uses fictional characters and events to describe some subject by suggestive resemblances; an extended metaphor.

A figurative mode of representation conveying a meaning other than the literal

A form of extended metaphor in which objects and persons in a narrative, either in prose or verse, are equated with meanings that lie outside the narrative itself. Thus it represents one thing in the guise of another—an abstraction in that of a concrete image…

A story or visual image with a second distinct meaning partially hidden behind its literal or visible meaning...

This is your mission, should you choose to accept it. It can be happy or sad, backwards or forwards, furry or flat, but the one thing it cannot be is literal. I charge you all with the sacred quest of creating an allegorical story for the IWT5.

Entries will be due on October 31, 2008.
                  Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Well I'm glad to hear that, Michael, but it also seems to be why lots of other people are flaking out on me.

Christ, folks, I just wanted to do something different.
                    Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

That's what I told the police last time.

I feel your...pain...Ves.

Not really. Sorry, dude.

Sorry.

Comment

I love the idea of doing an allegory. The execution of doing an allegory is a bit more of a struggle than I initially believed it would be. Still, I want to attempt it, and I hope some other people will as well.
                        ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

I love the idea of it, Ves.

I lack the commitment.

Comment

Generally when I have sex it doesn't clear my mind, it just makes me want to do it again. (speaking from my vaaaaasssstttt experience)
                            Click it now.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with the idea, it's just I never get too motivated for contests in general. I like writing at my own pace.

Then again I usually do end up participating in these things, so who knows I might enter something.
                              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information