Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the first time ever...

Average Rooms Per Story 20.02

Average room count has surpassed 20. This is a good sign, meaning that on average, stories are making it to the forum. Then again, HOID is a tremendous outlier that has skewed this statistic beyond belief. Still, it is a good sign. I remember when I joined the average room count was in the mid teens. It's been steadily increasing ever since my arrival. Coincidence? I think not.
    Click it now.

~11,509.238 characters per story. That's about two essays, or three non-double spaced pages.

I think that's about right for that "I'm going to write a story!" length of material preceding story retirement. After page 3 it sinks in you have spend a while on it and only have three pages done.

Obviously (*cough* HOID *cough*) there are some stories that are insanely massive. So that means there must be enough stories under three pages to balance it out. Kind of shameful. I suppose it isn't the amount of text, but the quality of text, right Apotheosis?

Yeah, we should set a goal. Average characters per story 35,000. This is a realistic goal. This means that on average, stories here at IS are around 10 pages in length. Enough to tell a short story without being cheap.
    http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

The problem is tons of lurker newbs will start stories and just abandon them after a room or two, and those thousands of stories throw off the averages. Still, if we work together, we can do it! Everyone, add to HOID!
      Click it now.

Comment

I know I have been working on 2023 recently. I will work on it more. My goal is 50 pages worth. That will be my contribution.
        http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

Working...
        Do Not Sell My Personal Information