No announcement yet.

The Infection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see all of your points, about the genre being overdone. But I don't think the technicalities are as important, most zombies are dead, and maybe my creatures aren't zombie in your minds. As for them being genetically mutated, I supposed you could say that, their aggression certainly is.

My progress so far is going rather slow, I'm working on refining the 7-9 rooms I have now, because I don't want the story to get rushed. I'm also considering reforming it in various ways. Other than that I am working on story elements and trying to get more of the story planned.
    -Death is only a temporary state

Well usually

Comment

But I'm also saying that your story wouldn't be cliche if you changed the name of the creatures from something else. You're ignoring most of their traits, so by calling them zombies you're actually confusing the reader. They'll assume a lot of things about the zombies that, in your story, are not actually true.

You're ignoring most of what a zombie is, and you're leaving the negative stereotypes by using the name. Why keep the bad if you're ignoring the good? That's just me, anyway.
      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

And throw in some gangstas, dog, know what I'm sayin'? Buncha chain-swingin hoods runnin roofs doin drugs killin shit can't miss. Maybe the zombies is psychoactive or some shit, y'know, so they hunt em down and sell what parts mess a brotha up. Or you safe from what bit your ass if you down an 8 ball, so the checkholders cash in mad stacks. Gang wars go down, aight, Montgomery on top. Yeh, boy. Holla!
        Holla from Philly, Montgomery style.

Comment

Well for now I'd suggest on just making it a good story. You can always change the name later.

If you want some other examples of "infected" ideas you could watch Rabid and The Crazies. Both of those have masses of people that go insane and violent. (Mostly through some bio experiment or weapon) They came out way before 28 Days Later too. I think there's another one out called "The Rage" which was probably trying to jump on the success of 28 Days.
          Last edited by End Master; 07-10-2008, 08:46 PM.
          Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Heh, usoki you seem pretty adamant about that, but I can see your point. I suppose they aren't actually zombies, and maybe I shouldn't call them that. Although I don't really know what to call them, suggestions are always welcome.

I think i'm persuaded to say they're not actually zombies. But its the closest .....er word for a creature I could think of. And it wasn't until I started writing it I decided what they were exactly. I was thinking of them being dead fast zombies, or dead slow zombies. But they eventually just became what they could be, 'The Infected'

I did NOT feel good yesterday Didn't get anything done really then, i'm gonna work more on the story today
            -Death is only a temporary state

Well usually

Comment

^_^ Yeah, I'm a stubborn bastard. Though, around here, I don't really register more than a blip on the ol' asshole-o-meter. I'm nice by comparison, really.

Well, if that's what they are- call them that. If you call them the Infected, with a capital letter, it ceases to be a common noun, and becomes a proper noun. That makes it a name, and you can call them that, if you want. It totally works. It's your story; do what you want. Of course, by that logic, you can call them zombies if you really want- it is your story- but I'll bitch about it to the very end. XD
              Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
              Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
              And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Working...
              Do Not Sell My Personal Information