Someone talk me out of this... -_-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone talk me out of this... -_-

Having gone to see The Dark Knight at the cinema, I now want to write a short infinite story romance for it, with the playable character being a female reporter.

It's fan fiction.

BUT

We don't have a lot of Romance stories on here, and it would be nice to round out that category a little more.

HOWEVER

It's fan fiction.

ALTHOUGH

You've proven to be a good writer on here, so I'm sure what you do write will be well thought out. And this at least would be within the Batman Universe as opposed to the countless crappy Pokemon stuff we got on here.

I dunno, it's 50/50 for me. Can we get another ruling?
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

It's Batman related... so I vote yes.

It will be good (as opposed to those horrible Pokemon ones)... so I vote double yes.
      Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

So... one-and-a-half votes for yes; half a vote for no?

Okies... I'll give it a go.

Comment

I like the dark feeling of Gotham, and the deep seated corruption there in every level of government. Makes for a rich backdrop to ANY story.

I think fan fiction is okay if it's done right. I just wish you could throw the pokemon angle in there, somehow.

Maybe have Charzar as an active city council member. Or something.

Comment

Feel free to use that idea, Chubby - but since the story is supposed to be serious, I don't think using Pokemon is such a good idea.

*Now has amusing mental images that she can't get rid of.*

Comment

Originally posted by ChubbyTeletubby View Post
              Maybe have Charzar as an active city council member. Or something.
              I hate that I know this, but I worked in a comic shop during the major swing of the craze... It's Charizard not Charzar. He starts out as Charmander and passes through being Charmeleon before actually reaching the final form of Charizard.

Please shoot me... or at least scoop out that part of my brain that knows this crap.
              Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

Having been a kid during that craze? I actually know it, and enjoy it. Honestly? It's a pretty solid RPG series. They're rather enjoyable. WAY too overhyped, I'll admit...but they're fun games. Not cards, not cartoons, not god knows what else... just video games.

And there's only 150 of them. Bastards. It's getting as bad as Power Rangers, what with the five+ generations of replacements.
                Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I remember on a comic forum someone posed the challenge to take an established cartoon setting and write it in a "grim style"

So one guy did Pokemon and set it ahead in the future.

Ash was now all grown up was living in some run down hotel actively trying to bring down Team Rocket (Jessie and James apparently were now big cokeheads) which was conducting some sort of mass genocidal program on all Pokemon.

Misty was about 6 months pregnant with his kid and Brock was a jittery heroin addict.

Pikachu was supposed to be dead, but apparently he was actually still alive hiding out and blamed Ash for abandoning him in some fight that happened a long time ago.

All of this was suitably "Frank Milleresque" but this guy went further with some odd plotline of where Pokemon weren't just hunted down and killed, but were also raped mercilessly and sometimes kept as rape slaves. WTF?
                  Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Well......
                    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Working...
                    Do Not Sell My Personal Information