Another record shattered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another record shattered.

That's right, I have now beaten Endmaster for the title of most rooms ever added to a single story by a single author. Endmaster had 1313 rooms in Legend, and as of right now I have added 1324 rooms to Hall of Infinite Doors, though this number is sure to increase as time goes on.

I dunno if I have any quantity records left to beat. Hall of Infinite Doors reigns supreme (though Legend is still my favorite story on this site)
    Click it now.

Originally posted by apotheosis View Post
    I dunno if I have any quantity records left to beat.
    What about words contributed by a single author?

(By the way, my IWT6 story is now about 10,000 words with 13 or 14 rooms -- I know that's not much, but I'm pretty stoked... It's probably the longest thing I've ever written.)

Comment

The site doesn't have a mechanism to measure that if multiple authors have contributed to a story.

My nanowrimo novel was never completed but was over 75,000 words. That's probably the longest narrative I've ever composed.
      Click it now.

Comment

After looking at the stat page, I didn't realize you actually banned anybody from adding on to HOID.

That "adam1" guy you banned sticks out since I noticed he's rated his brother's Agent49X stories both 10s.
        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I ban people who either make a lot of incoherent horrendous rooms or rate the story a 1 with no logical reason.
          Click it now.

Comment

I dunno if I have any quantity records left to beat
            A NEW CHALLENGE APPEARS!

Beat Blind Date by getting more than 43 "10s" on your story, or get more than 82 ratings of any kind!

Comment

I clear the ratings on HOID every time I gather a couple of abusive ratings so that's never gonna happen.

Plus ratings are a horrendously underused system. I'm sticking with hits, rooms, and word count.

If I had a next goal it would be total number of contributors which HOID is currently number 5.

I'm also thinking of trying to beat the word counts of famous works of literature like War and Peace.

A million hits is another benchmark.

Ahhh, my number fetish comes out again....
              Click it now.

Comment

Haha true you should go for that record i think that you could make it easily good luck

Oh if you want a forum title then go for the Wolfen Challenge 100 posts with in a months time the only catch is they have to pertain to the original thread post
                Last edited by wolfen44; 03-23-2009, 03:15 AM.
                “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

Another record shattered

Oh my. This is like the time I tried to join Mu Alpha Theta but then I realised that Id be better off getting a life.

Comment

Well since I notice Apoth posted recently, I guess it's only fair to warn him that Legend has finally passed Another Monday Morning in hits, taking the #2 slot. If it somehow gets 400,000 hits today, it will take the lead over Hall of Infinite Doors as well.

Apoth, you're next!

(Probably not)

Comment

Working...
                    Do Not Sell My Personal Information