No announcement yet.

Hemmingway Challenge (NOT!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your teacher sounds more creative than mine was, back in the day.
    Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Yea but its actually not as hard as it may seem I finished it in a day in and a half wasn't hard the only hard thing was to figure out what I was going to name the creators of the universe(one of thems BugenHagen) and then i had the neat little idea of tieing it into a story that i have been writing for you guys (Youll see it around the fall) and viola 2000 word story on death and creation cause you need to destroy to create
      “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

Originally posted by apotheosis View Post
        I loved Terry Brooks Running with the Demon series trilogy when I was younger. I read them basically as they came out.
        Good damn series
        “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

Apparently we have ourselves a Final Fantasy 7 fan... and one hell of a prolific forum member.

Comment

Vincent Valentine is the best

Comment

Heh, heh.

I personally liked Sephiroth best (that's not to say I wasn't rooting for the good guys throughout the whole 50 hours of gameplay). I never got into any of the stuff beyond the original PlayStation game, though, so I really haven't seen much of Vincet's character.

Great game, though. Probably the best storyline I've seen out there (Metal Gear Solid is a possible exception).

Comment

Final Fantasy 7 is overrated. Don't get me wrong- that's not to say it's bad, but... well, the hype is ridiculous. It's overrated the same way that Pokemon and Harry Potter are overrated. It's good stuff, but then the fans got a hold of it, and...well... eesh. I know a lot of people who enjoy FF7. Those who think it the best game ever haven't played many others in the series. Those who have actually played most of the games in the series agree that four/two and six/three are much better. I root for six over four just because there's more character choice, and because Kefka is a much better villain.

Gau and Kefka could beat Cloud and Sephiroth anyday, but I still have a special place in my heart for Yuffie. Hands down my favorite character. Good fighter, hilarious attitude, great quips...and what other character gets to have their very own sidequest where they temporarily become a villain of sorts? All around awesome.
                Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

The reason that i like Vincent so much is that he is a marksman like me i don't miss also i like how he is the fallen dark angel here to keep Omega and the world in check I love his gun the Cerberus i love how its modifiable all the way so cool

Its not a bad series I myself Have really only played FF7 and FF10 and the original Final Fantasy on Nintendo that one was hard. I will agree there is way too much hype over this series its not that great but the graphics kick ass

Comment

Well, by an odd coincidence, I also have only played FF7 and FF10. I liked both of them, but I thought FF7 was better.

I can't imagine it being too overrated, though. I really do think it's one of the best games for the original PlayStation. Except for the other Final Fantasy games you mentioned, I can't think of any that could compete with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois View Post
                      I can't think of any that could compete with it.
                      True it is a very good game one of the best

Comment

Oh, for Playstation? Hands down, I'm not sure what could beat FF7. Admittedly, I never owned one. But break down the system barrier? Well, it's not as invincible as the Sephie Bishies would like to think. I'm still amazed they haven't ported it yet, though.

The original FF... hard? Heh, you adorable RPG newbie. Play a game with an obsurd leveling system like FF2 or Star Ocean- then we'll talk.
                        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                          Heh, you adorable RPG newbie.
                          Damnit, Usoki! Now you're going to awake Dragavan from his slumber!

Comment

Yes, yes, video games can't actually be RPGs by definition, and all that...

Or do you mean we're going to hear all sorts of geeky babble? Because I'm all for that.

Comment

I don't slumber... I just sit back and watch... like a stalker.

As for the RPG thing, I have no issue if people want to call them CRPGs, I just get annoyed when I'm talking about RPGs and people butt in and start going off about WoW or FF or even DDO... If people want to go off in a corner and talk about their own CRPG stuff, enjoy. I'll just not be involved.
                              Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

As a general rule I never really was a big fan of the JRPGs like Final Fantasy, but I liked Crono Trigger. I still maintain that the best CRPGs were on the PC mid 90s-early 2000s (With a few exceptions of years here and there)

I think that this really isn't necessarily a limitation due to the consoles, but rather lack of innovation on the developers part and the unfortunate ongoing over emphasis on graphics rather than game play. Some of the current stuff coming out on the consoles is still enjoyable and getting better, but they still lack a bit.
                                Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information