Barney and Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barney and Hell

About 18 hours ago, I had one of the most terrifying dreams I can remember. The most bizarre part, was that the primary antagonist of the dream was Barney the purple dinosaur. The dream was about everything closing in, and completely losing control, and ultimately my sanity.

I posted a summary on my blog.

http://procrast-nation.com/?p=2089

I had not watched or heard anything about Barney in the past few days, and nothing in the dream touched upon anything on my mind. Seriously, what the fuck? Should I seek psychiatric help?
    Click it now.

Random Thoughts on Apoth's dream...

There's an argument to be made that perhaps you are having a hard time psychologically adjusting to the changes happening in your life. The dream is mixed with many symbols of the old and new. The old:the old house, the younger version of little brother, the children's show character. The new or current: going home from college, new house...

The woods are often a symbol of wild magical things, so it is hardly shocking that creepy barneys come out of the woods. The same with darkness, and storms- all have negative and frightening tones.

There's something innately creepy about those dolls that can talk. By repeating the motion of having it speak again and again, perhaps you are searching for the role you should be playing with your mom and brother.

It seems notable that your dad wasn't around in the dream. Interesting that you went immediately to show your mom, but I suspect that some part of you was also desperate to protect your mom as well as your brother. Perhaps you are seeking to define your role in the family, and your dream exploited that? Is your brother struggling? Perhaps you feel like he needs something that you and your mom can't provide or don't understand? I'm perplexed about his death.

The dream also exploited your fear of not having balance and control at home by forcing you to realize that you can't control everything. You can't control the weather, which is obvious, you failed to stop your mom, and you were getting to the point where you could not control yourself or your thought process.

Anyway,that is indeed a creepy dream. Seems that your mind exploits your fears very well when you are asleep. The worst part in your dreams is that you lack control. What does that mean in the grand scheme of your life now?
    ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

I had a similar dream once.

Except instead of barney there were teletubbies in black hooded death robes.

Comment

Interesting analysis Katie. I couldn't get past the fact that it was Barney, so I didn't think about it like that. Maybe it means I just need to get a better grip on things, get organized, focused and direct my efforts efficiently so I can have better control.

Yeah, my brain is really good at messing with me.
        Click it now.

Comment

Or maybe you just need to keep an eye out for purple dinosaurs.

Comment

I got a good song from Weird Al Yanchovic that sums up what you should have done and it involves a candle and burning to a crisp, god that song kicks ass
            “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

Originally posted by wolfen44 View Post
              I got a good song from Weird Al Yanchovic that sums up what you should have done and it involves a candle and burning to a crisp, god that song kicks ass
              I know the song you mean and it's not Weird Al... I'm a huge Al fan (even a "close personal friend of Al" back when they had that fan club), but the credit for a song should actually go to the person who made it. It annoys me that any funny song automatically gets listed as a Weird Al song on all the sites, like he's the only person who writes and performs novelty songs. It's especially annoying when they are violently offensive songs full of foul language that are attributed to him (like some of the Yoda rap stuff), because he doesn't do that.

From the research I did when I first heard this song (which is very funny), it seems a one hit wonder novelty songwriter named Tony Mason (not the R&B artist of the same name) that did this song.
              Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

Weird Al. Pee Wee Herman.

Legends.

And the shit he did with Tim and Eric was hilarious, too! Al.

Comment

Pee Wee Herman.

Oh my goodness. Pee Wee's Big Adventure is the most trippy movie ever made, with the possible exception of Labrynth. I love the part where he tries to drown Francis.

Wow. Good memories with Pee Wee.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragavan View Post
                    From the research I did when I first heard this song (which is very funny), it seems a one hit wonder novelty songwriter named Tony Mason (not the R&B artist of the same name) that did this song.
                    Sorry You can Blame Lime wire for that they put everythings in the wrong place.
                    “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

Originally posted by wolfen44 View Post
                      Sorry You can Blame Lime wire for that they put everythings in the wrong place.
                      No, you can blame 90% of the human population who is lazy and just marks anything that's funny music or novelty song related as Weird Al.

They are the ones who put it on limewire and everywhere else wrong.
                      Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

It ain't just AL.

The debate over Downface's song; Alone, cracks me up. Anyone who is a fan of the other bands this is attributed to would know that it isn't them, but there are a ton of morons out there who argue.

Read the comments.

This one has the incorrect attribution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v3aTea1H0E

This is Downface (note the opening disclaimer), this studio footage was posted for the idiots, and still the arguments come: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5mvL497Ln0
                        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Watch at your own risk

This is the 'Uncle Muscles Hour' from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, great job! in which Weird Al is a collaborator.

Actually, he's 'Uncle Muscles' himself.
                          Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 05-05-2009, 08:43 AM.

Comment

That was the most randomly put together thing I've ever seen its even more random than robot chicken.

Comment

That was a compilation of like 5 different shows though. Kinda like some of the highlights. They needed more Casey and his brother in that one tho.

Raise my roof, I'm gonna raise my roof. Raise my roof, I'm gonna raise my roof.
                              Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 05-06-2009, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information