No announcement yet.

More contest fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheee I got reposted, didn't expect you to like it that much.

Also, the story's coming along great, thanks again End for linking this. I've been struggling with a serious case of writer's block combined with being just too flat out tired from work to really get my brain working, and I'm all inspired and stuff now. Hopefully some of that spills over to the contest here too, I've had a complete outline forever but no motivation to actually work on it, blah.

Comment

Originally posted by mizal View Post
      Wheee I got reposted, didn't expect you to like it that much.

Also, the story's coming along great, thanks again End for linking this. I've been struggling with a serious case of writer's block combined with being just too flat out tired from work to really get my brain working, and I'm all inspired and stuff now. Hopefully some of that spills over to the contest here too, I've had a complete outline forever but no motivation to actually work on it, blah.
      Couldn't have written it better than you did
      How we paid such close attention
      To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

so um I think I'm starting to dislike the community over there. Just a tiny bit.

It does have that whole 'actually active' thing going for it though. So that's a plus, maybe it evens out.

we should try that here sometime

Comment

so um I think I'm starting to dislike the community over there. Just a tiny bit.

It does have that whole 'actually active' thing going for it though. So that's a plus, maybe it evens out.

we should try that here sometime
          That's been my feelings for the most part too. I pop in from time to time over there, but usually stay quiet. There's a few cool people over there but some of them work the nerve pretty hard.
          The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

It does have that whole 'actually active' thing going for it though.
            Actually active, hah! We've got activity coming out of our collective asses. Especially me, I am a model of regular activity.
            Click it now.

Comment

I sort of figured you were when you were getting annoyed during the collaborative writing thread. I thought when you told people not to get butthurt over someone "messing up the story" to be pretty amusing.
              Last edited by End Master; 05-16-2011, 07:49 PM.
              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I feel ya. I get frustrated with some of them, sometimes. I think the average age is quite a bit lower than over here, to say the least.

Comment

I think mizal's a teenager and currently the youngest "active" member on here. I would've thought that she would've probably adapted the best over at CYS since they're all around the same age and have more active female members, but she apparently prefers the company of strange older men.

(Can't joke like that excessively over at CYS, or else I'd probably creep out all the female members, except for the "12 year old girl" that keeps spamming their forums.)
                  Last edited by End Master; 05-17-2011, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                    I think mizal's a teenager and currently the youngest "active" member on here. I would've thought that she would've probably adapted the best over at CYS since they're all around the same age and have more active female members, but she apparently prefers the company of strange older men.

(Can't joke like that excessively over at CYS, or else I'd probably creep out all the female members, except for the "12 year old girl" that keeps spamming their forums.)
                    Oh, I never got the impression that Mizal was a teenager.

Comment

Mega may be younger. Not sure.

EDIT: Hey, what's this? "Book Tour Headliner," huh? Nice, End. lol
                      Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                        I sort of figured you were when you were getting annoyed during the collaborative writing thread. I thought when you told people not to get butthurt over someone "messing up the story" to be pretty amusing.
                        Actually it was all the whining and complaining in theoriginal collaborative story that annoyed me to begin with, that combined with people repeatedly missing the point on the experience points suggestion 3J pasted there and making me want to beat my head against the wall.

In the case of the former I wound up just skimming the second half of the thread for the fantasy/sci-fi caveman story (now there's a theme for our next contest!) with my eyes glazed overm and then made another thinking if I made a point of addressing the issue right up front it would avoid the same problems. (while no, I'm not a teenager, yes obviously I can still be pretty naive )

But then Erudite failed at reading comprehension and him and 3J went off on a derail and I continued it and now I'm just not invested enough in some random paragraph I wrote to try and fix things (also Erudite's post kind of sucked) ...meh, maybe later I'll just go in with 'Meteors fall, everyone dies' and make it official.

Or better yet maybe I'll just stop reading/writing dumb timewaster threads and work on a story instead...that one would probably be a good policy on a lot of forums actually.

Comment

The perkiness of some of your posts and girly unicorn avatars lead me to think you were younger I guess.

I think Erudite gets on a lot of people's nerves over there. I've seen him fight with several of them, though I haven't got into with him.

Comment

Little goofball writing on the side, in forum stories and whatnot, are great to keep your writing active when you're stuck on something else.

However, like you, everytime I've tried to get involved with that I've been more aggrivated than anything else.

The most entertaining thing we've done like that here (in my opinion anyway) was the ficlet story. We could probably try another one of those.
                            The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Actually it was all the whining and complaining in theoriginal collaborative story that annoyed me to begin with, that combined with people repeatedly missing the point on the experience points suggestion 3J pasted there and making me want to beat my head against the wall.

In the case of the former I wound up just skimming the second half of the thread for the fantasy/sci-fi caveman story (now there's a theme for our next contest!) with my eyes glazed overm and then made another thinking if I made a point of addressing the issue right up front it would avoid the same problems. (while no, I'm not a teenager, yes obviously I can still be pretty naive )

But then Erudite failed at reading comprehension and him and 3J went off on a derail and I continued it and now I'm just not invested enough in some random paragraph I wrote to try and fix things (also Erudite's post kind of sucked) ...meh, maybe later I'll just go in with 'Meteors fall, everyone dies' and make it official.

Or better yet maybe I'll just stop reading/writing dumb timewaster threads and work on a story instead...that one would probably be a good policy on a lot of forums actually.
                              Yeah, I got really annoyed in the EXP thread in the FWW. I got a little snarky too, I think. It's annoying when people repeatedly miss the point, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
                                Little goofball writing on the side, in forum stories and whatnot, are great to keep your writing active when you're stuck on something else.

However, like you, everytime I've tried to get involved with that I've been more aggrivated than anything else.

The most entertaining thing we've done like that here (in my opinion anyway) was the ficlet story. We could probably try another one of those.
                                What's this ficlet story now? Must have been before my time.

Realistically I do get that that kind of thing is just another form of procrastination, but it's still fun and at least slightly more productive than just messing around with Dwarf Fortress or whatever. Or I at least like to think it keeps me from getting rusty when I just need a break from my current project or for whatever reason can't get in the zone for 'serious' writing.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information