Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWT 9 - Voting

The Basics:

The voting deadline is February 9th. Extentions might be given on a case by case basis if you plead enough, and if we like you enough to wait for your ballot.

Scoring will be on a 1 to 10 scale in these 4 categories:
    Writing Style
    Plot/Creativity
    Enjoyment
    Theme

Weigh one category that you think is the most important so it will count for double the points. The weighted category must be the same for all three stories. Doing this brings the point total to 50 points, which is a great number to work with.

PM your ratings to me and I'll calculate everything to see who the big winner is.

Bat Country, Threadkiller, and I are required to vote on the two stories we didn't write, or we will be burdened with SCORN. Everyone is welcome to vote, but your ballot will be ignored if you skip stories or do not weigh a category. Mizal is not required to vote, but it's the only way to get rid of last year's SCORN.

The Stories:

Bat Country: Relic

Threadkiller: Trash Day

Usoki: Corporate Contract

I will take all PMs over the main site, simply so that the message in question will appear on a larger frame than it would if sent by forum. Less steps to reach them, too. And let's not forget how easy it is to miss seeing PMs on the forum. If you don't send your vote over the main site PMs, prepare to receive SCORN. And for the love of God, send me all three votes/critiques in one PM. Don't spread them out.

Extended Category Definitions:

Plot/Creativity- This one is pretty self-explanatory. How was the plot? Did you understand what was going on? Did you see the ending from a mile away? Have you seen it all before, or did the story offer a new take on things?

Enjoyment- What did you think of the story? Did you like it? Was it too short? Too linear? Did you keep running into unwritten choices after two or three rooms?

Writing Style- Formerly the spelling and grammar category, it has been expanded to cover things like pacing, description, and dialogue. Did the story have a huge introduction sequence that dragged on for too long? Did you have a hard time following the plot because nothing was described? Did you get bored reading the story because it was written at a first grade reading level?

Theme- This category is solely devoted to the characters. How many were used? How many of them were used well? Did the author pick characters who were meant for each other, or did they surprise you by using characters which didn't seem to have much in common? Were the characters critical to the plot, or did they merely appear in the background of someone else's story?

In addition to these numerical ratings, you should provide a critque explaining why you voted the way you did. More is always better. At the very least, you should try and have at least one paragraph. Nobody like that guy who writes one unhelpful sentence and calls it good enough. I can't stop the guy who does that, but I can offer him SCORN.

You are strongly encouraged to read the entire story, all paths. If you cannot bring yourself to do that- the story is too bad, or too massive- make sure you mention that in your critique.
    Last edited by Usoki; 01-29-2013, 07:34 PM.
    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

...why in the hell did I write Feb 6th up there? Did I not change that during the copy and paste? I feel like I had some sort of reason... but all I can think of now is that the 6th is a fucking Wednesday, and that's just dumb.

I'm pushing the deadline to the 9th, so that I can (hopefully) have Sunday to calculate. This assumes, of course, that people will... y'know... actually vote.
    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

I will vote within the next few hours.
      Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

The "Shape By Force Site Unavailable" parked domain thing messed things up a fair bit, so at this point... if you were planning on voting, please post here, and I"ll wait for you. Otherwise, I'll compile everything by midweek. BatCountry voted, and I'll vote, so that's really what counts. Hopefully Threadkiller will vote to even out the math, but I figure that'll be a 50/50 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
          The "Shape By Force Site Unavailable" parked domain thing
          That was a thing, right? Is that just me? I was able to pull the site up at a friend's house, no problem, but I came back here and it's down again... Ugh, I hate clearing out my cookies and then having to re-login to everything, but...

Comment

Do we even have enough voters to determine a winner? I'm assuming Thread Killer will earn SCORN....

Comment

The main site and the forums were offline - replaced by the message you saw. I noticed the option to place a bid, and sent Sev the following:

I bid $7

and I have this cactus I've had for like 6 years, and I don't water it or take care of it really but it still seems to be alive. I am redoing my apartment and the cactus does not fit the decor I have in mind. It's not a bad looking cactus. It's never hurt anyone that I know of.

You can have it, if you want.
              But received no response.

My vote will be in shortly.

EDIT: or sometime tomorrow. I still have Threadkiller's story to read, I guess.
              Last edited by Locke; 02-10-2013, 12:49 AM.
              Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Sad that Sev is having site issues, but at least it's not me. This computer's been doing all sorts of funky malware things. It blocking random sites to be a pain, though highly unlikely, was a non-zero probability.

Also, the forum wasn't down for me. Granted, I had to navigate through Google to reach it... but I'm pretty sure it's on an entirely different server, what with the whole ProBoards thing.

Technically, BatC, we'd have enough votes to determine a winner with one non-participant ballot. But, yes, I am all for waiting on a representative sample. We'll see who we can get now that the site's back up.

Comment

I had planned on voting and still do... Late, I know; but I'll have my votes in hopefully by tomorrow evening. If you can't wait for me, that's cool... Otherwise I'm going to read through them tonight and tomorrow.
                  The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
                    I had planned on voting and still do... Late, I know; but I'll have my votes in hopefully by tomorrow evening. If you can't wait for me, that's cool... Otherwise I'm going to read through them tonight and tomorrow.
                    Totally waiting for you, DEP. Also for Locke.

And, actually, to my surprise, Threadkiller did vote. So no SCORN this time around.

Comment

Working...
                    Do Not Sell My Personal Information