Eternal Completed and Posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eternal Completed and Posted

Anyway, I'll keep it brief since this is a much more subdued crowd.

Eternal is completely finished and posted. 13 special epilogues total.

It was hard work to be sure, but at the end of the day I really feel like I've accomplished something.

Off to enjoy semi-retirement.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

I believe champagne is in order.

POP. ka-poooosh.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Congrats!

I'd say something more here but I feel like the CYS kiddies are doing enough gushing. It's really nice how you're basically their god and all though.

And I was serious about you needing to publish something on the Kindle.

Comment

That is freaking amazing. I... whoa.

...What are you going to do now? That was like, your magnum opus. How many years of blood and sweat went into that? Does one make shorter, novelty CYOAs now? Or do you become a lurker, knowing that the maximum peak of glory has been met?
        I mean, you know. If someone of your glory and might could deign talk to us.

I can't even imagine writing that much. For serious, End, I am so happy for you.
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I dunno sell drugs I guess.

I'll probably just lurk here every so often as we all do. "IS 4 LIFE" and all that. I imagine if I ever have vast amounts of time to write anything on here (or anywhere) again it will definitely be a hell of a lot shorter.

Anyway thanks for all the positive comments and I'm sure if Apoth, Ves, and Chubby were here they'd say something similar.

(Well Apoth and Ves would anyway, Chubby would probably rant a bunch of curses at me, apologize and then say something about his nipples)

Comment

Well, that's just great! Now, I'll have to go replay it and be simultaneously amazed and bitter with envy. Way to make the rest of us look like lazy assholes!

That's awesome, though. Lot of effort just to appease a bunch of faceless nobodies (although if Usoki's NaNo is anything to go by, he's a hunk in real life, haha).

Comment

You know, I thought I felt the will of the Evil Overlord pressing in on my consciousness as I lay awake last night. There's some sort of voodoo magic attached to IS, I'm sure of it. The proverbial ringing in the ears or sensation of someone walking over my grave, or whatever you want to call it. I knew, somehow just knew, that I had been summoned.

Summoned I have been, to pluck a feather off an unsuspecting exotic bird and place it in EndMaster's cap. Well, well, well, blah blah blah, this really is quite the accomplishment. I mean it. Certainly deserving of champagne and lots of plaudits from strangers and bragging points and maybe even a little place among the stars. Publishing wouldn't hurt either. Provided you cleaned up that filthy grammar of yours.

I feel that the bar has somehow been raised. I would like to take this opportunity to announce my participation in this year's contest. I am ready to face all the Shame and Scorn and Specula of the world. Basically, I plan to get to work on the IS story as my NaNoWriMo effort this year. I told a friend here about it (Oh, I've moved by the way. Things got a little too hot in the old hood), and she just sort of nodded and said the equivalent of, "How niiiice."

They all think I'm crazy. Why do they think this? Because I dance down the street to accordion music while swilling expensive vodka? EVERYBODY does that.

Anyway, I am NOT stealing End's thread. Really, no hijacking here. Aw come on, you DID summon me, you senile old hooded git. Sheesh. I would go register myself properly, but I'm afraid I'm having a bit of a ... discrepancy with my internet carrier and they've cut me down to 1995 levels of wireless speedsurfing. They're like an adoption agency that's landed me unbeknownst with a severely retarded child. Then social services comes around and starts asking nosy questions. "But occifer, how could a tiny child possibly encase itself in cement in the basement like that? You think I did it? Prove it."

That's your cue, Usoki or End or whoever. Sign me up please.

kthanxsobai. Kisses for everyone!

Oh, and congrats, End. From my nipples to yours, may your days be jolly and full of self-contentment...er, more self-contentment than usual. You did it, Slugger!
              My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Glad to see Ves escaped from those gypsies that have been holding her captive.

Yeah Usoki is the one in charge of this year's contest, which I assume is still on. So I imagine he'll add you to the list at the last minute which as you know is the style around here.

Good luck!

EDIT: Wow, in an unexpected surge of motivation Usoki already added you.
                Last edited by End Master; 11-03-2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
                  That's your cue, Usoki or End or whoever. Sign me up please.
                  Already done. Bam!
                  Originally posted by End Master View Post
                  Wow, in an unexpected surge of motivation Usoki already added you.
                  I'm like a contest-running ninja all up in here.
                  Originally posted by dreamshell View Post
                  (although if Usoki's NaNo is anything to go by, he's a hunk in real life, haha).
                  I... what?
                  Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                  Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                  And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                    I... what?
                    Oh, don't play bashful, you beefcake, you.

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
                    Basically, I plan to get to work on the IS story as my NaNoWriMo effort this year.
                    And hmm... that idea doesn't sound too bad, actually... unfortunately, I just can't seem to come up with anything for the contest. =\ I suppose I could review the concept and rules, at least.

Comment

Well I didn't exactly escape from the gypsies so much as they kicked me out. They told me I was getting a little long in the tooth to play the role of the Nubile Nymphet, but that I was not yet old, repulsive or hirsute enough to come back as the bearded lady. So basically I'm on a very long furlough for the next couple of decades.

To the ringmaster I just said, "Fuck you, Dad," spitting on his feet and cursing all his ancestors as I swooshed my skirts right out of that tent.

Usoki, thanks for being so very prompt in adding me to the list of hopefuls. You and insurance seem to get on like a house on fire set off by a little Jewish lightning.

Mixing metaphors. It's what's for dinner.

I guess I could spend some time catching up on Eternal since it was only in its infancy last I read it. But I'm just so very tired...so very, very tired...good night, sad world. zzzZZZzz.
                      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Working...
                      Do Not Sell My Personal Information