Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated my journal…

Suzy's Strange Saga: 40% Completed

253 pages written total and two more epilogues completed bringing that total to 7. One more to work on for this major branch then moving on to the cultist branch.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• Updated my journal...

Suzy's Strange Saga: 60% Completed

Circus, House and Trailer Park paths are all complete, now full focus can be on the Cult path.

So far 393 pages and 10 epilogues have been written.

Comment

• Updated my journal...

Suzy's Strange Saga: 90% Completed

One major path to go.

So far 529 pages and 13 epilogues have been written.

Comment

• REALLY updated my journal...

Suzy's Strange Saga: 100% Completed

704 pages on Word and 16 epilogues have been written. Going to post it sometime within four days.

I think after this I'm really going to try to go back to shorter stories like I used to do when I first got here!

Comment

• Wow, End, that is extremely impressive! Are you going to get this one published?
            My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

• Nah, it's nothing like that. It's just a story I always planned on doing on here for a very long time and due to never getting around to it, the original idea was vastly expanded upon.

Speaking of ongoing projects, hey DEP do you still have the plans to add on to Ducky Park?

Comment

• Still rolling it around in my head, yeah. It's going to happen, just not sure when. I want to get that done before I write the sequel to be released one of these Halloween's "A Very Spooky Ducky Park"
                The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

• Ooh nice, another End story. Might be just the thing to get me temporarily back into caring about CYOAs.

Comment

• Updated my journal...

As usual time is much shorter nowadays, but much like an escaped ex-Nazi doctor, the work continues!

Anyway, I was previously trying to go back to working on Primal, but for reasons I ended up working on a new story called Rogues instead. (One day Primal, one day!)

This will sort of be a very faint "retelling" of Legend, but I'm focusing strictly on the rogue class and a more on a story aspect to it in general (Which Legend wasn't strong in) and I'm adding a female protagonist path. This one is also taking place in the "Innkeeper Universe" so I'm drawing from some of that lore. In fact this is pretty much a loose sequel to that story.

Can't begin to guess how long it will take, but so far I'm finished with all of the male rogue Chapter 1 paths.
                    Last edited by End Master; 02-17-2016, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Currently adding to Coitus Machina.

Also working on a novel. A bit of a genre blender: A medieval-ish fantasy shipwreck mysterious island theme. Working title - The Island. (suggestions welcome)

Comment

• Just finished a fairly epic one-on-one robot battle in Coitus Machina.

Comment

• Still uninspired as fuck. It doesn't help living in a place with so much safe and reliable public transpo, it's damn near impossible to get fingered in the front seat anymore.

Comment

• Plus, mine is the sort of writing no one gives a shit about anymore, so congrats boys, the era is yours.

Comment

• Found this old outline on a long forgotten flash drive I dug out of somewhere. An orifice, maybe.

IS2012 Character Grab Bag Comp

Characters picked: Connor, Damon, Franklin, Alice, Dog, Raoul, Lucas, Naylor, Bailey, Wren, Madeline, Zo'ileninaath

***Pt. 1, Connor's POV***

Connor deals with overprotective parents as a result of his older brother Damon's death in a fire 10 years ago. He is belittled by his classmates for being so sheltered and talked down to by his tutor Franklin, a former mage. His only sort-of friend is fellow student Alice and a stray dog they adopt.

Alice is an orphan and works in her adopted family's inn, she is attacked by Raoul one night after being stalked by him for months. Connor tries to go with her to authorities but is shut down by Lucas. (Which seems odd because he's a well-known political enemy of Raoul's, but he says they don't know what they're getting into and he's just looking out for their best interests)

Later they decide to try anyway, and are clearly not believed. So they go to the heads of an independent order of knights, Bailey and his assistant Naylor, (Naylor all of the talking, Bailey never speaks at any point throughout the story, though this will never be pointed out) who aren't sure if they believe them but promise to look into it.

Soon after Alice's family's inn is set on fire and burns to the ground. Connor rescues Alice, overcoming his phobia of fire, but the two of them are blamed for causing it. Bailey happens to be nearby and rescues the dog.

Bailey and Naylor are the only ones who believe they're innocent, furthermore they think the fire is connected to the incident with Raoul. They make a show of taking both of them into 'custody' and then hide them at Wren's house (Bailey's estranged wife and fairly well known painter for the nobility) in order to protect them while they investigate.

***Pt. 2, Naylor's and Bailey's POV***

They sneak into Raoul's manor during a party and overhear Madeline discussing a plot with Lucas, who seems reluctant, but she's obviously manipulating and having an affair with him to get him to play along.

They don't hear enough details on the plot, but it's obvious it has to do with something that happened at Raoul's old family home, and might be key to location of a famous treasure stolen years ago from the royal family. They return to Wren's house to update Connor and Alice and then head to the capital to get permission to search the property, which they found was confiscated by the crown after Raoul's uncle was unable to pay debts. (due to going completely nuts and murdering his family one night) and question Raoul and Madeline, hoping to be able to at least find evidence to convict the former of SOMETHING.

Impatient and with Wren encouraging them, Connor and Alice decide not to wait and to go check out the property immediately. They take the dog with them, and he digs up a small box with a broken lock. The lock contains a diary that describes an amulet that was buried with it (the amulet is missing) and contains references to an entity named Zo'ileninaath, claiming that the amulet is the only thing that can protect the summoner from it.

***Pt 3, Wren's POV***

After hearing what Connor and Alice learned, Wren finds Raoul and convinces him to take her to his second house on the beach to 'paint his portrait' (it should already have been established a couple of times that that's where he often takes the women he's having affairs with). There she locates the amulet (hidden in the back of a painting, a trick she'd recognize, along with several incriminating papers) returning a couple of days later after having a copy made and switching it.

***Pt 3, Raoul's POV***

After Wren leaves Madeline arrives and confronts Raoul, demanding location of the amulet. She's been informed that the authorities are planning to search property (and that someone has already been poking around) and has to act quickly. He brings it out and they get in an argument, interrupted by Lucas showing up. Madeline gives him the amulet. Raoul flies into a rage and challenges him to a duel, and Lucas blasts him with magic that sets the tapestries on fire. When Madeline freaks out he kills her, then ties up the injured Raoul and prepares to leave him to die in the fire, revealing that he'd just been using everyone all along to get at the amulet.

Naylor and Bailey suddenly burst in (they had been coming with a warrant for Raoul's arrest) and Bailey is left open to a magical attack by Lucas while freeing him. Naylor dies shielding them both from the attack. Raoul runs off, leaving Bailey to get revenge on Lucas. Bailey beats him badly but opts to take him to face charges instead of killing him, Lucas manages to get loose when a burning timber collapses and laughs that he's going to show Bailey the TRUE power of the amulet. He summons Zo'ileninaath, but of course the amulet he has is a fake--a fact which Zo mocks him about at length--and with no protection from the Voice he goes completely insane and dies in the fire.

***Epilogue, Alice's POV***

Alice is living with Wren and planning to eventually marry Connor. (though Wren thinks she should remain single and develop her talent as a painter) Raoul has been permanently disfigured by the fire and had most of his property confiscated, reputation ruined, and barely avoided imprisonment after the information in the papers Wren found came out. It's also well known now that Lucas started the fire in the inn, as it had the same unusual qualities of the fire at the beach house. Naylor has a monument at the knight's headquarters, and Bailey is still on the job. Of course, Bailey is the only one who knows the details of what actually happened with Lucas, and he never talks.

There's enough here in the outline alone to split into 20 pages, so, I believe this means I retroactively get credit for entering that contest.

Comment

• Updated my journal...

Finally completed the main Klyton path for the male rogue. 5 epilogues finished.

Total story so far 398 pages on Word.

Word count total according to the Word docs is 174,713.

Up next, working on the Holgard path. Hoping to incorporate a lot more stuff from Legend in this path.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information