Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWT Turnaments?

Hello All,
    Does anyone know when the next IWT tournament is? The last one I could find (IWT 11 - Horror) was held in 2015-2016. Is anyone still holding such competitions, or were they discontinued. If they still exist, where are they held on the website and when?
    Last edited by Lightning_11; 12-20-2019, 05:53 AM. Reason: Double Signature
    Thanks,
    Lighting

They didn't have any way to be run the last few years without a forum. We talked briefly about doing one for 2020 with the theme of Rebirth (on the creative writing board) but there's no official thread about it yet. I guess DEP will do that in January.

Comment

As Mizal said, there's some discussion going on about it right now. Some ongoing problems with the site were resolved very recently, and things are just getting in motion. I would expect an announcement sometime in the next several weeks. The deadline is traditionally a number of months away, so anyone who cares has plenty of time to find out about it and craft a story.
      Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Interesting. I am new, so I had no idea there was a forum before this. Why was it removed?
        Thanks,
        Lighting

Comment

There were several. The first forum was replaced with a vbulletin (I think an earlier version than this one?). There was no archive - aside from some random bits on archive.org - so some awesome old threads went away, but I think it was an improvement. I know that version of vbulletin was vulnerable to some known exploits, though. Spammers paralyzed most of the forum on several occasions (Lady X Admin probably the most memorable). There was also at least one account hack/impersonation. As I understand it, after a round of particularly odious spam, Sev got tired of dealing with it and killed the forum. I don't know all the details - that's hearsay - so I may be off on that last part. I honestly never expected to see the forums online again. It was a nice surprise to do a random nostalgia search and see they'd just come back.
          Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Unsurprisingly Locke disappeared as usual and didn't actually write anything for the last IWT we had.
            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Haw .
              I like to think of myself as a "rape artist." Like, kind of a rapist, but doing it to such an extent that it's actually art. Or maybe it's the other way around.

Comment

Working...
              Do Not Sell My Personal Information