Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not new, but I'm coming back

Hey all,

I've been registered for quite some time on Infinite Stories, and I wrote a bit of a story that, well, doesn't really have a plot at the moment. I even wonder if what I thought can even be written into a novel. The internet basicly changing, becoming our "real lives" as we now know them.

All the kinds of things we have now, however better. Keep in mind that this takes place in 2010, however I wanted it to seem like the technology that this new internet has far outways our real tech. Like intergrid portals where users (people) can travel instantly to waypoints on a map...

These are just some of the ideas of various tech. As for character, I am actually uncertain of that yet. Dang. Should've thought of that first. My mind is going in all kinds of directions. I did just make it public so I don't have to view it to see what people can come up with, but I hope people just don't mindlessly add spam to stories for the hell of it. That's why I made my new entries approved by me, but since I see that I won't be able to log into the site much, due to time, I figured I'd do that just in case someone wanted to add and or edit the rooms I have. Those rooms I did at about 2 AM and was kind of rushing. Sorry about that. I just want readers (Yes, I know the quality isn't of the utmost standard), however FictionPress wasn't doing it, Writing.com wasn't doing it either, and besides I like the idea of this whole interactive story thing.
    Hmm. Hopefully I can become somewhat of an active member. If Interlife doesn't go well, which if it doesn't I won't really be surprised, hopefully I'll be able to create something origional that makes sense.

Well, just wanted to announce myself here. I was to lazy to when I registered to IS in like April or something and really hadn't logged in since that night. sadly, I really do have a habbit of not logging into things. Shrug.

Anyway, just posting here to introduce myself and get the word out.

Thanks.

Hey there Orinks. Do you mind if I call you Oinks? My brain just keeps wanting to omit that R for some reason. Maybe it's because I just inhaled a sizable bowl of steelcut Irish oatmeal and I'm feeling a bit piggly myself.

The way people are usually successful here is they arrive, sign up, say hello (as you have) and then in the near future, put out a piece of work that is representative of their writing abilities, either as an addition to another story or as a standalone. I wouldn't expect a hell of a whole lot of collaboration right off the bat, or maybe, actually...ever...for that matter. You seem to be fairly familiar with the way things work around here, so I am sort of assuming that you know that a story must have at least 20 rooms to be visible to the public. If you didn't know this, then I just told you.

There is one thing that lingers on my mind, however. You see, you remind me vaguely of an old friend of ours who has disappeared back into the internets for god knows how long. So in case you have been resurrected with a new alias, I have just one question for you:

What is your opinion of child sex robots?

Don't take that the wrong way, please. Hello, goodbye, thank you and welcome!
    Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 06:26 PM.
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

I could've sworn I've seen his name pop up before on the main site in the past so I don't think he's drums.

Though I sort of wonder if he's ever played a computer game series called "Geneforge" since his name is similar to the magical pig like creature in it.
      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I've heard of that game, but really I haven't played any computer game because well, I'm blind, and most graphical games are inaccessible. Dang I'd just love to play World of Warcraft. Ah well., doubt I'm missing very much.

Anyway, End Master, I played your story Ground Zero on Choose your Story, before I heard about this website which seems a whole hell of a lot better. It was great. Reminds me of the Doomsday warrior series without the evil russion elements and warfair and the like.

Ah, 20 rooms til it goes public? I doubt that'll take long. I know I'm at least better than other writers, because they write like how u see this now... hmm i think i am going to sign off nnow... ur probably bored of my horible rightingok?

Anyway, I'll work on something then. Look forward to playing other stories. I played and finished "Days in the Dorm chapter 1," wish more was written.

Thanks.

Comment

No plot, but an awesome, well developed setting? Sounds like something I would do. Heh. Welcome to the site.

...I'm gonna have to agree with Ves. Your name is Oinks.

Welcome, Oinks.
          Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
          And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Orinks View Post
            Anyway, End Master, I played your story Ground Zero on Choose your Story, before I heard about this website which seems a whole hell of a lot better.
            Ah, that's where I probably saw your name pop up before then. I knew I saw it somewhere.

Anyway, welcome Orinks, though I'm sure as you've probably noticed, we'll probably be calling you Oinks because we're whimsical like that over here.
            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Hey there Oinks, welcome to the site. Yes, you've been rechristened. Feel lucky, Ves gave me a much worse name. One which shall not be disclosed here.
              Devils are the bagel's favourite breakfast food!

Comment

How many times do I have to drum it through your head, thoric? That's a SAFEWORD, not a NAME. Silly underage imp.

Anyway, Oinks, look forward to reading your stuff. Don't forget to take a look at everyone else's shit too. It's not all shitty shit.
                Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 06:27 PM.
                My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Agreed. Anyone who you see regularly posting in the forums writes some pretty good stuff. The other stories...it's hit or miss. Mostly miss. Tread carefully, Oinky.
                  Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                  Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                  And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Oh, so that you can identify me when we are ready to create our army of hellspawn? RIght, right, I'll remember now.
                    Devils are the bagel's favourite breakfast food!

Comment

Hey, I used to go to writingforums.com. I kind of maybe recognize your username, but maybe not. Anyway, welcome to infinite-story.
                      The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Working...
                      Do Not Sell My Personal Information