Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilgondorin Here.

"Silverhome on the Water has beds and food. What's your pleasure?"

I don't have much here in the way of visitor amenities besides basic inventory items and food, since Silverhome On The Water is located in Bravil, and IS intended to be as slummy as the rest of the dump. There is a massive keg left of the entrance but no alchoholic drinks that I'M aware of, other than the excess dungeon swill you sell me at half its worth then buy back at twice the price, if you're truly after an authentic inn experience.

Lastly, don't steal my Nirnroot plant! It's locked away in my room for a reason! I swear I've had to replace the blasted thing 23 different times last week after travelers asking about the Forlorn Watchman spent the night. Also, don't please don't piss off Brokil, especially when he's drunk.

Other than that, you should be fine. I came to this town quite some time ago, though the count was obviously out of court at the time and wouldn't see any new visitors. I suppose he only recently came back, because I was just allowed through the castle gates. Nothing levels your Unarmed skill like having to fend off leveled enemies on a nightly basis because there isn't any way to get in and now weapons handy.... I really must see the game programmers about being encoded with at least a Steel Broadsword, for Mara's sake.

Now that you're open for visitors however I intend on staying for at least a little while, depending on the weather [Altmer don't like the cold] and diurnal course.

Here's to spending some time among future friends!
    ~G.
    *slurps his slushie*

Someone really likes playing Oblivion.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I thought that name looked familiar.

So Gil are you going to be regaling us with tales of the pikachu/bunny/fox thing all over your deviantArt page having adventures in Cyrodiil?

Comment

Well, the Xbox 360 in general has excellent games period, but Oblivion is as good a place to start as any. Sup d00dz?
        *slurps his slushie*

Comment

If you haven't played "Fallout 3" yet, I recommend it. I personally like it way more than "Oblivion", although it doesn't have anywhere near the number of side-quests and freedom.

Comment

Eh, Oblivion was okay, but I got bored with it after awhile, I liked Morrowind more.

I would've liked it better had there been more of a sense of urgency with the demon gates opening up, like the surrounding areas or cities getting destroyed if you didn't close them in time. As a result of having cities burned to the ground and its inhabitants killed, you'd have less places to buy supplies and get potential quests.

That would give you more meaningful choices, I mean are you going to travel all across the damn map just to save someone's cat for some powerful magic weapon or you going to close the demon gate so you've got a place to buy stuff from in the future.

Guards just suddenly knowing that you committed a crime even if they weren't around and everything scaling to your level sucked as well. Glad Bethesda had enough sense to at least not carry that stuff over to Fallout 3.

The Dark Brotherhood quests and the Shivering Isles expansion probably were my favorite things in the game.
            Last edited by End Master; 08-07-2010, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I seem to reinstall Morrowind twice a year or so and once you toss a few mods on it holds up great despite it's age. I've always preferred it even just for the atmosphere and setting alone. There are a thousand pretty, generic medieval fantasy RPGs out there, you don't really see anything half as crazy or interesting as Vvardenfell.

Not that Oblivion wasn't fun in it's own right, but it seemed more like an action RPG, and I've never had any desire to go back to it after I beat it.

e: pretty morrowind
              Last edited by mizal; 08-07-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Oblivion was indeed very generic looking. Morrowind had a better variety of landscape. I liked the sandstorm effects, I was hoping they were going to put something like that in Fallout 3, but they dropped the ball on weather effects altogether. (Even some acid rain would've been nice)

Oh well maybe Fallout: New Vegas will have it given that they're putting in a "hardcore mode."

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                  Eh, Oblivion was okay, but I got bored with it after awhile, I liked Morrowind more.

I would've liked it better had there been more of a sense of urgency with the demon gates opening up, like the surrounding areas or cities getting destroyed if you didn't close them in time. As a result of having cities burned to the ground and its inhabitants killed, you'd have less places to buy supplies and get potential quests.

That would give you more meaningful choices, I mean are you going to travel all across the damn map just to save someone's cat for some powerful magic weapon or you going to close the demon gate so you've got a place to buy stuff from in the future.

Guards just suddenly knowing that you committed a crime even if they weren't around and everything scaling to your level sucked as well. Glad Bethesda had enough sense to at least not carry that stuff over to Fallout 3.

The Dark Brotherhood quests and the Shivering Isles expansion probably were my favorite things in the game.
                  I agree wholeheartedly with this post. Had Bethesda just fixed the guards and the main quest it would have been such a great game. As it is, it was still fun, but nowhere near it's potential.
                  How we paid such close attention
                  To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

Working...
                  Do Not Sell My Personal Information