Serede

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serede

Okay so I fucked up and here's the real person who wanted some feedback.

It's not a long story and definitely a work in progress, but here it is for anyone who is interested.

The End http://www.infinite-story.com/story/5609/
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

A newbie question. The story only has 9 rooms, yet I can see it when not logged in. I thought stories were only visible once they hit 20 rooms?

Not that I'm complaining or anything - fewer rooms means I'll be able to give a more in-depth appraisal of the story and a little sooner.

Still, just curious.

Comment

Oh and BTW hi, Serade, hope your account gets approved soon.

As an aside, someone is definitely mucking about with the accounts at the moment. Although it seems that I now have 'permission' to look at profiles of people who are not my 'buddies', it seems I no longer have 'permission' to edit my own posts.

(Edit - Testing Edit Function)
      Last edited by Crunchyfrog; 02-24-2011, 09:10 AM. Reason: test

Comment

Originally posted by Crunchyfrog View Post
        As an aside, someone is definitely mucking about with the accounts at the moment. Although it seems that I now have 'permission' to look at profiles of people who are not my 'buddies', it seems I no longer have 'permission' to edit my own posts.
        Are you talking about the forum? I've always been able to look at profiles (with the exception of not-yet-approved members), and I just edited my post in "serenade's" thread.
        Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

As long as the story isn't on private or deleted, you can still view it whether you're logged in or not. It just won't show up on the main reading list if it's under 20 rooms.

There's a lot of under 20 room stories out there to the public if you can find them. Usually I tend to stumble upon them by clicking through profiles. Sometimes you can find them by clicking random story on the main writing site.

As for what's going on with the accounts thing, I don't know. You should still have the ability to edit your own posts. You should also be able to view anybody's profile that's been officially approved. Basically if the person's name is popping up in the Member's List, then you should be able to view the profile. (Though the spambots seem to be able to get around that sometimes)

EDIT: Testing the edit function.
          Last edited by End Master; 02-24-2011, 07:03 AM.

Comment

@ Locke - yeah, was referring to MethdealerXXX, I guess someone must have approved it at some point.

Figured out what happens with the edit. I'm permanently logged in on my computer, but have set it to sign on each time I open the browser on a shared one. It's the shared one I can't seem to edit on - it keeps telling me I don't have privileges to edit, and asks me to sign back in again, even though I haven't closed the browser. Have just tested edit mode from my own computer and it works.

I realise I've hijacked Serade's thread already, so will definitely write an appraisal of 'The End' now.
            Last edited by Crunchyfrog; 02-24-2011, 09:17 AM.

Comment

My New Bike was hijacked by Chubby and myself when it was under 20 rooms. Found it on random story.
              The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

MethdealerXXX is actually a close friend of mine.

DEP - Oh ya, I remember that. hahaha. We took an innocent story - a really cute, innocent story - and defiled it.

We're bad people and someday we will get whats coming to us.

Comment

Somebody complained about that actually.

5 magic- It is a good story. Also, why the freakin' hell did donteatpoop and CheleTeleTubby freakin' write like that in a rated G story.

And I figured Methdealer had to be connected to Chubby somehow, if not another account he created.

Comment

I went ahead and gave The End a quick read, but the site won't let me log in to add comments right now.

Serede, if you're reading this, it's hard to write any kind of substantial review at this point until you get more chapters up, but I do think there's some definite potential there. The prologue/backstory stuff in particular was great, but I did feel like there was a pretty big disconnect between that and the story itself. What's there in Kazuya's section actually feels kind of rushed, with a lot of punctuation errors, etc. scattered all over the place, and the incredibly hot superpowered chick showing up and effortlessly kicking ass seemed kind of...anime-ish, I guess? Or at least more of a generic sci-fi thing than I would have expected after that prologue, though again, it's hard to say anything for sure with only those handful of chapters to go by.

Hopefully you'll be able to access the forum soon on your own, but even if you have to go through End again be sure to let us know once you get a chance to add to it and I'll take another look. (Don't let him trick you into telling him where you live though, he has this bad little stalking habit, mostly it's harmless but sometimes he takes it just a little too far and people wind up skinned in his basement and etc.)

And if you'll all excuse me now, with Chubby and DEP involved I'm going to have to check out that New Bike story just to see how fucked up it is...

Comment

Sorry I havent updated. I wrote a lot more, but since the earthquake hit Friday and the rolling blackouts and maddness of course I have been sidetracked. A side note, I was stuck on the expressway to Tokyo Friday for about 13 hours trying to rescue my wife and I read everything on the site from my iPhone, which couldnt make calls or SMS but could browse internet.

Comment

Hope everything gets better for you soon Serede. That's some scary shit.
                        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

So in the mass chaos of tsunamis, earthquakes, nuclear meltdowns and trying to rescue your wife, you still found time to browse Infinite Story.

You sir are a true patriot. :salute:

Comment

Indeed, I have to agree with End there!

And I too hope that everything gets better for you as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                            Do Not Sell My Personal Information