Hello all! I'm new! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all! I'm new! :D

Nice to meet everyone! I'm Elly and, being an amateur writer, I've finally worked up the courage to begin writing a story here on IS for the world to criticize! If only I had managed to do so at an earlier date I could have entered my story into the IWT-8 challenge, since there were several aspects of the competition requirements present in my story, but meh, you snooze you lose as they say.

While writing my story has been relatively smooth so far. I've been having issues uploading images onto pages, I'm quite sure they meet the requirements of being at most 350x350 and under 50,000 bytes (the image im using is 293x340 i believe, at 43,000 bytes). They're also in .jpg format so I don't know if that plays a part in it or not. (So far I've used irFanView, photorazor, and MyImager website to adjust the photos to the correct size/dimensions)

My intentions were to provide pictures (art) for each playable character, but the images come out as blank boxes with a black border (maybe the use of images in this way isn't allowed or something, I'm not sure :\). I don't own photoshop unfortunately, as it seems that program helps eliminate this problem. I'll be trying to find some other solutions to this on my end, but if anyone has some ideas on how i can fix this it would be much appreciated!

Hi Elly. Welcome to IS. Don't mind the smell; it usually goes away in a day or two after the exterminators have done their work and the squat team cleans up properly.

About images on the main site--that's one bug yet to be resolved. I don't think anyone has successfully uploaded an image into a story for quite some time now.

The way most of us have been getting around this glitch is by using a site such as imageshack to host the image and just inputting the code (in BB format) directly into the text of the story. However, I'd suggest you hang on to your formatted images, as our site administrator has been quite active lately and has been fixing many of the little problems plaguing the story engine.

Never eat tuna.
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Ahh okay, thankyou for the insight! have been scratching my head at this for a while now hehe, i shall set up the BBcode for the images then in the meantime Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
      Do Not Sell My Personal Information