Hello Infinite Story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Infinite Story!

Just wanted to check this site out. I am actually a member of CYS, but I take writing seriously and was surprised on viewing the forums here that a few loyal IS members feel the same.

So, can anyone tell me what the differences are as far as writing a story here as compared to CYS?
    Who I am doesn't matter; what I write does...

Hi, and welcome.

Biggest difference is that the story engine over on CYS has an inventory option. Over here it's pretty much straight BBCode for everything.

So more story, less game.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Thank you! That actually doesn't bother me. My last story I just finished two days ago over there is more story than game anyway. Maybe I will write my next one over here, just to try it out.

One last question: what are rooms? Smh. Hope this doesn't make me sound stupid or anything.... trust me, I am actually smarter than I let on. XD

Comment

Originally posted by screaminginside View Post
        Thank you! That actually doesn't bother me. My last story I just finished two days ago over there is more story than game anyway. Maybe I will write my next one over here, just to try it out.

One last question: what are rooms? Smh. Hope this doesn't make me sound stupid or anything.... trust me, I am actually smarter than I let on. XD
        Yeah sure. We believe you.

Rooms are definitely site jargon.

A room = a page. So the block of text in your story that ends with either a choice or THE END... is a room.

Just to get a feel for the place, if you're up to it; maybe add a room to the Hall of Infinite Doors or Another Monday Morning. (sort reading list by 'popular' and they should be near the top). They're multi-author theoretically enending stories; nice way to at least test the site out.
        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
          Yeah sure. We believe you.

Rooms are definitely site jargon.

A room = a page. So the block of text in your story that ends with either a choice or THE END... is a room.

Just to get a feel for the place, if you're up to it; maybe add a room to the Hall of Infinite Doors or Another Monday Morning. (sort reading list by 'popular' and they should be near the top). They're multi-author theoretically enending stories; nice way to at least test the site out.
          Hey... completely offended by that first statement. XD (not really, not in the least offended)

And thanks for all your advice and making me feel welcome! Now I can go wallow in self-misery in a deep hole somewhere on here and create my first story...

Comment

The most important thing to remember is that this place is where all the cool people hang out.
            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Working...
            Do Not Sell My Personal Information