Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting article. Long. Interesting. Read at your own risk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting article. Long. Interesting. Read at your own risk!

Um. Sorry for bumping this thread.
    Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 06-07-2009, 04:57 PM.

I like crackers and cheese.
    Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 06-07-2009, 04:58 PM.

Comment

To those who actually read the article (which I seriously doubt ANYONE did). What say you?

This is the sort of grounded, realistic approach to our world situation in general which I have always appreciated.

And furthermore, felt in my heart was the actual case. Fuck the politicians and the media. Be an observer.

The whole problem with America, in my view, is our broken criminal justice system - which in turns fuels the fire of our societal ills. It is the 21st century.

It is time we wake up.

Go Obama!

EDIT: Not withstanding the fact that all men are evil.

There's just a few of us who realize the truth is complicated. And that truth is actually good and evil. It takes actual thought progression. Not one-liners or the religious crutch that stunts and retards all rational thought.

It takes real hard, almost maddening, introspection.

See, the problem with Liberalism is that we don't have easy, retarded one liners. We see the world as it is, incredibly complicated - with human evolution as our guide. Surely human morality is based on actual solid scientific principals.

Surely it is based on the fact that life is to be respected.

bla bla bla. *passes out drunk*

I just talked to my best friend to night...
      Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 03-31-2008, 07:44 PM.

Comment

This is an uncharacteristically positive post for you, Chubby. I'm interested to see where it goes. I'll say that being a military superpower fades to meaninglessness when compared with the state of the nation that military is sworn to protect. Being number one in some arbitrary pecking order of nations has no significance, either. Trying only to be the "best" is so limiting. Competition is a fact we've got to acknowledge, but we should also rise above it and look to state of our people; that's what a government is for. If we remain "top dog" over the next several hundred years, our status could still be anywhere from utopian to dystopian.

I've always been confident America is the best nation to live in, given the choice, but there's still certainly light-years' worth of room for improvement. I believe we are "declining" in some ways, as so many people are always saying. I disagree that it should be managed rather than resolved. I'm sorry if this post isn't as clear or lengthy as it could be, but it's been a long couple of days for me and I'm about to go crash. I'll contribute further if the thread takes off. Could you expand a little on your views regarding the criminal justice system?

Edit: You know, that religion crack, the one where you cite it as the cause of the world's problems, always gets to me. I'll actually address that one this time around, too. Heh, you may have opened yourself another can of worms.
        Last edited by Locke; 03-31-2008, 08:25 PM.
        Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
          This is an uncharacteristically positive post for you, Chubby. I'm interested to see where it goes. I'll say that being a military superpower fades to meaninglessness when compared with the state of the nation that military is sworn to protect. Being number one in some arbitrary pecking order of nations has no significance, either. Trying only to be the "best" is so limiting. Competition is a fact we've got to acknowledge, but we should also rise above it and look to state of our people; that's what a government is for. If we remain "top dog" over the next several hundred years, our status could still be anywhere from utopian to dystopian.

I've always been confident America is the best nation to live in, given the choice, but there's still certainly light-years' worth of room for improvement. I believe we are "declining" in some ways, as so many people are always saying. I disagree that it should be managed rather than resolved. I'm sorry if this post isn't as clear or lengthy as it could be, but it's been a long couple of days for me and I'm about to go crash. I'll contribute further if the thread takes off. Could you expand a little on your views regarding the criminal justice system?

Edit: You know, that religion crack, the one where you cite it as the cause of the world's problems, always gets to me. I'll actually address that one this time around, too. Heh, you may have opened yourself another can of worms.
          Where do I start, Locke?

Where do I start? I am exhausted as well. Honestly, I feel like I am talking to a brick wall when it comes to those of your ilk, my dear Locke.

I feel like you have been indoctrinated into a mindset that is death.

It is death of rationality. It is death. Period.

You are a reasonable ambassador, however. However stunted the mindset you adhere to.

You are reasonable.

I hope?

Comment

Pointless.

Bumping.

Bumping. Mmmmmm. ya.

Bump it.

Clean up on aisle four.

*cries himself into a coma*

I like crackers.

Comment

Working...