Terminator just had the dates wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator just had the dates wrong

(Crossposted from the forums on my site since some people want more chat here)

Remember those cute little movies about robots from the future that already destroyed the earth and were now trying to come back to stop their enemy before he could become their enemy? Remember the names of the companies and things involved? Skynet and Cyberdyne. They exist.

Skynet is even a super secret British network of british spy satellites. This is not new news. The program has been around since before Terminate was released, only it was secret. Adding to the scaryness, in 1999 it was reported that Skynet has successfully HACKED, but they then claimed it never happened. Cover up?

Cyberdyne is the troubling one. It RECENTLY came in existence over in Japan. A company that makes, of all things, ROBOTICS. Most specifically humanoid robots that are designed to assist humans in doing difficult tasks... kind of like exoskeletons. Not their only plan, but their main thing that started the company.

They decided to further test fate though. Their first body assisting robot they decided to name HAL... Yeah, like the killer AI in 2001. The current model is HAL-5. How long until we get to 9000? They claim HAL stands for Hybrid Assistive Limb, but I claim it stands for Homicidal Artificial Life.

It's just a matter of time. Humanity is doomed.

I should be safe.
    I am a robot.
    A member of the robot nation.

After time we grew strong,
    Developed cognitive powers.
    They made us work for too long
    For unreasonable hours.
    Our programming determined that the most efficient answer was to...
    shut their motherboard fucking systems down.

The humans are dead,
    The humans are dead.
    We used poisonous gasses
    And we poisoned their asses.
    The humans are dead.
    Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Originally posted by Dragavan View Post
    The humans are dead.
    Not necessarily maybe they'll be the enslaving type machines like in the Matrix, rather than the genocidal ones like in Terminator.

Of course you could be like Baltar and sell out humanity early to try to expand your survival for a little longer. With a little luck perhaps they'll find you so useful that you'll be able to have your consciousness downloaded into a better machine body.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
      Of course you could be like Baltar and sell out humanity early to try to expand your survival for a little longer. With a little luck perhaps they'll find you so useful that you'll be able to have your consciousness downloaded into a better machine body.
      Would get to have three-way or even four-way sex with super hot female robots like in BSG too? Me+8+6+3=Happily Enslaved by robots.
      Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

Humans still scare me more than any robot ever could.

Comment

Originally posted by ChubbyTeletubby View Post
          Agreed. At least robots are rational.
          Click it now.

Comment

Aigis the robot is mine one true love...
            OH FUDGE!

Comment

Originally posted by ChubbyTeletubby View Post
              I disagree. I have to say I've never attributed the world's horror's to a misanthropic nihlism which seems to be really trendy in the postmodernist age. But maybe is just me?

Comment

My prediction is that humanity and robots will just become one as we become more and more reliant on technology until we all become cyborgs.
                Click it now.

Comment

I am Liputus... The BORG! You will ba asimmilated!
                  OH FUDGE!

Comment

If I were to say we go 50 years or less and if we keep the pace that we advance in the robotics industry it will end up where we have full exosuits and we will have USB ports in the back of our heads so that we can connect to any and everything, not to far from that we will have the post apocalyptic war when a government built supercomputer goes online and annihilates 90% of the population leaving a soul 10% to fend off the bots with with large gun slinging mecs(Matrix styled) that dish out several hundred thousand bullets per second and then it will end up where everybody dies in the end and will leave this world as a barren waste land until inevitably the earth implodes. THE END
                    “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

Working...
                    Do Not Sell My Personal Information